Windows 7 64 Bit Media Center keeps crashing

When I try to open Windows Media Center, a window pops up saying Windows Media Center has stopped working. Under that it says "Windows is checking for a solution to the problem." It loads for a minute or two and the window disappears. Nothing happens after that. I have tried turning it off and on using the turn windows features off and on feature under programs in control panel, and the same window pops up. I have tried the system file integrity checker, and there were no issues reported. I tried deleting the media center .db file, and that didn't work either. I'm guessing a windows update might've messed something up. I installed updates before, and windows is acting like I never installed them. That's kind of weird. I scanned for viruses using Security Essentials and Malwarebytes, and nothing there either. Is there any easy solution to re-installing Media Center? I'm thinking System Restore might be my best option unless someone has something better.

Nope. The only thing I have done recently is installed the 64 bit PotPlayer, and un-installed the 32 bit KMPlayer. Could that cause issues with WMC? I tried checking the Event Viewer, and it says this...MMC could not create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly. Name: Event Viewer

CLSID:

I'm guessing that means the Event Viewer isn't working properly either. I should see a log file of crashes when I open it, right? I'm thinking it may have something to do with a recent windows update for .net Framework. That is required for WMC to run, right? I'm guessing on that. Not sure.

I read online that one thing I could try is deleting all the ehome files or folders in c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome. The only thing I'm confused about is if they mean all the files but keep the folders, or do I need to delete all the folders as well? They are supposed to re-create themselves once I run Media Center again. I'm hoping this could be an easy and quick fix.

I think that this is definitely a codec or player issue.

Uninstall PotPlayer, reboot and see if that fixes the problem.

If it doesn't, re-install KMPlayer, reboot.

If that doesn't fix it, uninstall KMPlayer and reboot.

If still not fixed run Windows Update. If it's still not fixed, re-install Windows.

Or maybe it would be easier to uninstall all of the media players and re-install Windows!

I can't believe I'm typing this, but I fixed it!! I installed KMPlayer, uninstalled Potplayer, and it still wasn't working! I uninstalled Xvid, installed the newest version, and it still wasn't working! I updated my Java to 6 Update 29, and can you guess what happened next? It still wasn't working! I then installed a bunch of Windows Updates, and it finally worked!! I'm guessing that was the major issue. I'm debating on whether or not I should install Potplayer again. I might have to create a system restore point before I do it, or wouldn't it be possible to install Sandboxie and run it in that? Either way I'm very happy that I got it working again!!! Thanks a lot!!