DD-WRT VPN Settings?

sure pfsense can setup multiple segments and either allow specific traffic or completely isolate the segments. Sure each segment could have its on wireless accesspoint.

How you setup your network is up to you, pfsense just gives you the tools/power to do what you want ;)

BTW -- so you route all traffic through this vpn? Why? And why would you not want his traffic to go through the vpn?

Yep - Because all he does is watch YouTube and play Minecraft, VPN causes slightly higher latency, bad for games. At least that's my logic on it. I'll also need to find a way to lock down his connection fairly heavily. Probably Whitelisting the three or four websites he actually needs.

BTW - The reason all traffic otherwise needs to be sent down the VPN is 1) Privacy and 2) Virgin Media traffic shaping. I was downloading a file from Ubuntu.com last night at 250KB/s, I RDPed into the File Server that's currently running OpenVPN on the SAME internet connection and was able to get 5MB/s. So they're heavily capping me all over the place.

Right so both switched arrived today, I've updated the Firmware on both of them and got the basic settings configured, hopefully will have the new network running this weekend.