Green Bay Packers plan stock sale, be an NFL owner for $250

Green Bay Packers plan stock sale, be an NFL owner for $250

MILWAUKEE (AP) ? Want a piece of the Green Bay Packers? The Super Bowl champions are about to give you a chance.

The Packers plan a stock sale next week where shares in the NFL's only publicly owned team will be available for $250 each. The stock sale is the fifth in the team's long history and the money raised will help pay for renovations at Lambeau Field.

The stock will be available starting Tuesday at packers.com. Buyers will be able to call themselves NFL owners, though the stock value will not go up and there are no dividends.

Stockholders do get voting rights. And they can attend annual meetings, where they can meet Packers executives, tour the Packers Hall of Fame and stick around for the kickoff of training camp.

Source: The Associated Press

• Like 2

The stock will be available starting Tuesday at packers.com. Buyers will be able to call themselves NFL owners, though the stock value will not go up and there are no dividends.

Unless you are a fan or something, this seems like a very poor investment. So the team makes tons of cash and the stock holders are the ones that pay for stadium renovations. Sounds like a good deal to me. :s

Unless you are a fan or something, this seems like a very poor investment. So the team makes tons of cash and the stock holders are the ones that pay for stadium renovations. Sounds like a good deal to me. :s

seems like it can only lose value, if not be worthless after you give them your money....

The point. You missed it.

Correct, he did. As a fan, the value, or value you can get out of it later, is moot. I would love if the Miami Dolphins did this, I'd be all over it. As a fan, it is cool to say, "hey, see that note hanging on the wall. Yeah I own part of the Packers!" Collectors item if nothing else. :D