Kiwi Cook, New Zealand cooking show

Hello!

Just making a post here,

I dont know where else it would be best fit. However about 3 weeks ago me and my friend started making an online cooking show,

Its pretty basic however there is some really good tips and tricks with cooking various different meals.

Below is a link to my Youtube channel where you can find all the eps,

Currently were on 5 and looking to make atleast two a week at this stage.

Feel free to leave your thoughts and impressions of the footage,

It would be really cool to have some Neowin feed back :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xkPQG9-C20&context=C2a646ADOEgsToPDskJyeLKJuma74vAJnWZHPxzS

Hey, not bad at all. Looks very professional. Looks like something from BBC Food!

And you have a great accent too!

A few suggestions, if you like:

- put annotations which mention the ingredients and process, or you could put some graphics too.

- Why is your channel called Orphan Tale? I think that 'Kiwi Cook' is a much better name and I checked that it's available.

Good luck with Kiwi Cook! :)

Hey,

Thanks for the reply FMH.

Some really good food back! The reason for the channel name being so out of wack, is that I made the account in 2009.

And at the time of uploading I thought it dosent matter for now if we just put all the Teaser videos up on there until we launch the proper thing then we will make a new profile.

To be honest, it's too hard to follow what you're doing. I know cooking shows these days often have more style than substance but I think you lean too heavily towards the former. The constant focussing and the tight camera shots make it impossible to follow the instructions and at times I couldn't hear what you were saying. I had to stop watching after about a minute because there were too many distractions.

If you watch the kind of food programs you're trying to emulate you'll notice that the fancy camera work is used sparingly as a filler between longer instructional shots. For instance, the camera work will be simple as you prepare the pastry, you'll then cut away to some fancy lifestyle shots as a filler and then return to straight forward filming while you move on to the next stage of the cooking.

Hey,

Thanks for that man...

A really good bit of critisim.

I know what you mean though I have noticed the movement and tight shots are quite erract at times and hard to follow. I guess Im still trying to find my own style which has both creative elements and ones which allow the veiwer to clearly follow whats happening.

I appriciate that a lot. Would you recommend anything more specific in terms of camera movement etc? Just slower, less cut away and longer takes maybe?

And in terms of audio Im just using the in built mic on my camera (Canon 60D). Im looking to invest in a better mic once I get paid :)

• 1 month later...

Hello all!

After taking a small break and looking over Kiwi Cook as a whole we have started filming again!

On our new channel NzKiwiCook, you can start to find all our new videos.

Our first dish of 2012 Spicy Venison Ragout.

Enjoy :)

Hello everyone!

Valentine's Day is creeping up fast and here at Kiwi Cook we have decided to do a special Valentine's Day dish which is quick, simple and easy bound to impress the ladyfriend or the boyfriend.

Hello!

And welcome to Kiwi Cook, an internet based cooking show bring you the finest in home cooking. Today were cooking Apple and Rhubarb Almond Crumble, quick easy and simple!

Now before you say "its summer" and "its hot, why would we want to eat a crumble" well ill tell you what theres nothing better than a fresh Apple crumble with a bit of cool ice cream whilst sitting in front of the telly after a hard days work.

Enjoy!

Hello!

And yes another episode has come out! This one is extra long and so we have split it into two videos. The dish of choice... Snapper, cooked two different ways, both very unquie and different to one another!

Be sure to check out part 1 as part 2 is coming soon!

Part 1: Is a Spicy Fennel and CapsicumSteamed Snapper

Part 2: Is a Mediterranean Baked Snapper

Both very simple and easy to cook!

Enjoy.