iMac2 and OS X question

I'm looking to buy the new iMac (My first mac, Yeah!!), anyway i was wondering what people think the optimum amount of memory i'll need is. I'll probably be doing some web and graphics design on it mainly. I was thinking 512 but some have said more.

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful, thanks.

512 should be enough. If you can afford a gig tho :)

Personally I'd buy one of the towers. Shop around, some places still have stocks of the Pre-Quicksilver 733s (The Quicksilver 733s are a different chip revision and perform badly compared to the older one, the QS 800/867s are different again and OK). Otherwise wait until after MacWorld Tokyo and pick up a Quicksilver 867 cheap. You've got a lot more expandability with the towers and 15", even tho it's LCD, ain't a lot of screen space for GFX design.

my uncle is in that business he has a mac and he needs 1gb but he decided to get his comp customized so he could get a 2gb but 1 i'd say is good enough good luck:D

MACS RULE!! lol:D

I'm pretty sure there will be a revision to the G4 towers sometime soon as well, might want to compare and see which will give you more bang for the buck. I'm considering the new imac myself

• 2 weeks later...