iPhone 4S battery drain - possible workaround

It's been a month of owning the iPhone 4S, and the phone is great overall but there's the ever omnipresent battery issue. Seems to be localized to just the iPhone 4S. Anyways, a few weeks ago I did some quick searching over this issue and came across this interesting thread:

https://discussions....tart=0&tstart=0

Here, the OP claims the drain is due to some API that continues to hog the GPU even while the device is sleeping. His workaround is to kill all the applications in the multitasking tray and reboot the phone.

I've done that a few times and have noticed some improvement in battery drain, but it could be a placebo effect. Wondering if other 4S owners here can try the same workaround process and see if they experience similar results?

I've noticed the common thread in these problems is the Facebook app. That's on top of the app being a buggy piece of dung in its own right.

I have only had my iPhone 4S for a few days and noticed the battery issue.

Since i have turned all location services off (you dont have to do this, but make sure the local timezone one and google iads are off 100%)

Turned off any notifications i dont need such as stock market.

I always close the apps running in the background if I am not using them. It helps. I am sure Apple will release iOS 5.02 soon to fix this issues.

Weird. I am not experiencing any battery issues. Though coming from Desire HD, any battery would be an upgrade for me. I close the background apps usually too.

I always do that, yet the battery life is still horrible. Will sit and drain even on stand-by with no iCloud/Location/Push.

I hope iOS 5.1 fixes this.

Also the Facebook app might be a part of it, I noticed the app is very buggy when refreshing. Half the time, the loading circle in the status bar never disappears. Which leads me to think it may be sucking data/power without annoying noticing.

• 1 month later...