I got some money for Christmas, so i went to Staples this morning and bought a new laptop :). I have had to make do with a s****y netbook since last May, so this should be a treat :D. I also got a free 8GB USB thumbdrive and a free copy of Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 (or whatever it's called). I paid $452 for everything. I was hoping you guys could take a look at the specs and tell me what you think of my laptop:

Acer AS5749-6850:

- 2.2GHz Intel Core i3-2330M processor; 3MB L3 Cache

- 4GB system memory

- 640GB SATA hard disk drive

- 15.6" LCD display

- Windows 7 Home Premium (English or French)

- 8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive

- Intel HD Graphics

- Built-in stereo speakers

- Built-in webcam with digital microphone

- Connectivity options include Gigabit Ethernet LAN and Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n

- Ports include 3 x USB 2.0 and HDMI

- Up to 4.5 hours battery life

- Grey finish

- Dimensions: 0.9"/1.3"(H) x 15.0"(W) x 9.9"(D)

- Weight: 5.7 lb.

Would I be able to run OS X (Server, of course :shiftyninja: ) in VMWare with this machine? Also, is 4GB of RAM enough? I was thinking of upgrading to 8GB (or 16GB if the motherboard supports it and the price is reasonable) on my birthday in January.

This isnt a bad laptop at all! I have the older generation i5 2.4GHz in my laptop with same kinda spec apart from the HDD (320GB in mine) and it works brilliantly! the Intel HD Graphics are pretty damn good too concidering its all intergrated!! :)

RAM is cheap so if u have the x64 bit version of Win7, defo get 8GB or 16GB :)

For $452, it's decently spec'd. Personally, I would have spent another $200 to bump up to an i5 and get at least 6GB ram, because 4GB won't be enough in a couple of years.