New Windows Phone OS update rolling out.

Can't believe I had to wait for a carrier to push the update considering mine is an unlocked and unbranded phone, but alas, the wait is over.

Depending on the phone you have when you get 8107 you could also get a firmware update of some type to go along with it. I think this might be why lots of unbranded phones haven't gotten it yet. I still haven't either.

Depending on the phone you have when you get 8107 you could also get a firmware update of some type to go along with it. I think this might be why lots of unbranded phones haven't gotten it yet. I still haven't either.

Check for it now. I just updated mine (same device (you're still using Optimus 7, right?)).

Check for it now. I just updated mine (same device (you're still using Optimus 7, right?)).

Yup, still have the same phone but nothing yet. Probably tomorrow though, I figure it'll ramp up more and more.

Nope, updating to 8107.79 right now. With an included HTC Update. =) Mine is a european Trophy though.

Verizon is most likely not going to push out the intermediate updates and roll them all out with the major yearly. So I'll have to wait until Apollo for the keyboard fix.

Verizon is most likely not going to push out the intermediate updates and roll them all out with the major yearly. So I'll have to wait until Apollo for the keyboard fix.

If they skip this update they will be forced to roll out Tango, which comes before Apollo. Carriers cannot block two updates in a row.

If they skip this update they will be forced to roll out Tango, which comes before Apollo. Carriers cannot block two updates in a row.

While this is true, the rumors of Tango being mostly for lower end markets could very well mean other places don't see it, or only a few of the changes it brings. But we'll have to wait and see, I expect we'll get info at MWC but that's still weeks away.

Still waiting for mine as well but i think it might be a while as tmobile help via twitter said the following

TMobileUKhelp T-Mobile UK Support

@xero01uk Hi we have no info on this update yet, when we do we will update the website, Cheers G.

I'm loving how efficient Microsoft are when it comes to updating WP7, they really believe in it as an OS.

its just a shame the opperators are still dragging their feet releasing em!!! esp tmobile uk!

• 2 weeks later...

Carriers can block as many updates as they want. What sanctions Microsoft has against carriers ? Microsoft won't allow those carriers to sell WP7 phones ?