Top 10 sports comments

Here are the top ten comments made by sports commentators that they may wish to take back:

1. Weightlifting commentator at the Olympic Snatch and Jerk Event: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up, and it was amazing."

2. Ted Walsh - Horse Racing Commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

3. Grand Prix Race Announcer: "The lead car is absolutely, truly unique, except for the one behind it, which is exactly identical to the one in front of the similar one in back."

4. Greg Norman, Pro Golfer: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

5. Ringside Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries and even some deaths in boxing -- but none of them really that serious."

6. Baseball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

7. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."

8. At a trophy ceremony BBC TV Boat Race 1988: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the Cambridge president is hugging the cox of the Oxford crew."

9. Metro Radio, College Football: "Julian ###### is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven ###### on the field."

10. US Open TV Commentator: "One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them.... Oh my God, what have I just said?!"

I heard one before from a commentator about a Western College or something that went along the lines of this:

"It seems whenever Western scores 100 or more points and holds the other team to under 100 points, they win."

:laugh:

2. Ted Walsh - Horse Racing Commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

LMFAO!! I love that one. Good post altezza, I saved the list. (Y) :rofl:

Another list from my book of Clean Laffs:

"Nick Faldo has shown himself to be a worthy world number one by finishing second here today." - Golf Commentator

"And the lineup for the final of the Women's 400 meters hurdles includes three Russians, two East Germans, a Pole, a Swede, and a Frenchman" - David Coleman

"Ten Tour de France riders crashed, two retired after falls, another dropped out when diarrhea slowed him to the point of elimination..." -James Richardson

"It's not only a race against the clock, it's a race against time itself." - BBC Presenter

"The Gullikson twins are here. An interesting pair, both of them from Wisconson." - Dan Maskell

Basketball player Chris Washburn, commenting on his ability to drive to the basket, "Yeah, I can go to my right and my left. That's because I'm amphibious."

Basketball player Chris Washburn, commenting on his ability to drive to the basket, "Yeah, I can go to my right and my left. That's because I'm amphibious."

And these are the people wh ogo one to professional athletics and make the *big bucks*.

sad.

10. US Open TV Commentator: "One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them.... Oh my God, what have I just said?!"

hahahhaah :woot: im sure that does enhance his game ;)

Shaq is a f'n moron, I had a list of comments by him once.

When asked by an interviewer if he went to see the Parthenon(sp?) while in Greece he replied.

"We didn't go to any nightclubs while we were there."

Haha, that's excellent, more to add to my collection of stupid quotes, thanks altezza :D

there's this other one,

"For all those watching in black and white, Spurs are in the yellow strip." - John Motson

Did you guys watch that Miami game? The announcer there was talking about one of the players and said something like this...

"When he was a baby he used to bite hard on the nipple while nursing, when asked if his mom had to buy a lot of them for wearing out on the bottle she said, "no, but I did have to buy lots of ice."

Not the kind of info you really need to hear while watching some football lol