Internet Time Server in Debian

I need a little help. :D

I have my DSL running through a debian server, and a second net card connected to a hub. I have two computers that connect to the hub, both running XP.

I wanted to configure ntpd so that I can point my xp machines to my internet time server on the linux box.

Any help would rule.

Thanks!

Man, that link was deep! :D

The daemon is up and running on my linux box. But when I point my xp machines to it for internet time syncronization, it doesn't see it! I'm not sure if I didn't configure it right or not.

your xp doesn't see debian or ntp deamon?

for troubleshooting you might want to install some 3rd party client. i'm sure they will give more info about the prblm. once you get it working you can switch back to xp's builtin.

Could be a ton of things wrong here; the internet superserver could not be set to allow the ntp protocol, or your hosts.allow and hosts.deny files may be stopping the xp boxes. Or your windows boxes are trying to resolve the dns/netbios name of the linux box when it has no fqdn or nmbd service running. Or, yes, you could have simply misconfigured it. More info is needed...