aero glass texture in windows 7

Nope.

WDM draws that onto the full window plane.

For instance:

AeroGlassForms.jpg

What can make the difference is the colour of your background and the "saturation" of the colour your bar is set to.

If you fiddle with the two, you should be able to see it.

EDIT:: It's also worth mentioning that the texture changes intensity/position based on the windows size and location on the screen >.>

The stripes are in the MSStyles which are identical through all SKUs.

However there is a bug where it doesn't always load/refresh on the taskbar. This is much more common when switching themes though. Generally restarting DWM fixes it or applying Aero twice, the former being the most effective option.

This is a bug. It happen. Just restart the system.

I guess u tried custom themes. Thats when this can happen. Else this should be present in Aero regardless of the SKU.

The file is a Raster graphic file that expands over glass windows and the taskbar. They stretch to fit so resolution dont matter.

Oh well :p Panda X explained it.

Nope.

WDM draws that onto the full window plane.

For instance:

AeroGlassForms.jpg

What can make the difference is the colour of your background and the "saturation" of the colour your bar is set to.

If you fiddle with the two, you should be able to see it.

EDIT:: It's also worth mentioning that the texture changes intensity/position based on the windows size and location on the screen >.>

*hits head on desk* once again, no its not the saturation or color doing this, can't understand why this is so hard for people to believe

this is NOT a custom theme, this is right after the system was installed clean

like I said before this seems like a bug because when I run the aero / system WinSAT assessment the stripes disappear and dont return ever again no mater what color or saturation level you put it at, reinstall the OS and they are back

So I checked that my Win 7 ultimate has the texture at both 1280x800 and 2560x1600. You need a background pic with solid color areas to really see the texture - a busy background hides it. I think it's moar subtle than Vista so you could easily miss it.

So, no idea why it's missing on yours. You could deal with it by making the windows minimum intensity, which reduces the effect.

set to zero already here on all them even the one that has the stripes... doesn't seem to be it either

If it's set to zero already then you were looking at the wrong line becase it's not set to zero by default. I did this exact tweak quite a while back on every Win7 machine in the house and I can 100% confirm that it is the correct registry entry.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]

"ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity"=dword:00000000

I believe the default value is hexidecimal=32, decimal=50

Edit: Double checked and changed to default values and back on the following:

Win7 Ultimate x64 (desktop)

Win7 Home Premium x64 (laptop)

Win7 Home Premium x86 (netbook)

If it's set to zero already then you were looking at the wrong line becase it's not set to zero by default. I did this exact tweak quite a while back on every Win7 machine in the house and I can 100% confirm that it is the correct registry entry.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]

"ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity"=dword:00000000

I believe the default value is hexidecimal=32, decimal=50

Edit: Double checked and changed to default values and back on the following:

Win7 Ultimate x64 (desktop)

Win7 Home Premium x64 (laptop)

Win7 Home Premium x86 (netbook)

no I was not looking at the wrong line, it was set to zero!

here is a capture from one of the machines, these values where *NOT* changed by hand, this is what they already where at, all the systems i have match this

post-47883-0-24957900-1328292860_thumb.p

did a clean install of a system with no video drivers, checked that reg setting and it says 50 as the decimal value, ran WinSAT and the value changed to 0 i think WinSAT is doing this to me, and it only happens if windows doesn't have default drivers for the video card, if I install it on a netbook that has intel graphics the value is 50 at install, running winsat does nothing then... start up with no native graphics drivers from the windows install and waiting for the driver get 50 until the winsat is ran, or the driver is installed *scratching head*

How about completely disabling WinSAT in Task Scheduler? That's one of the first things I disable after a fresh install, as I've always had problems with it running on it's own whenever it felt like it. Disable it, change the reg entry to default setting, reboot, change reg setting to 0, reboot again.