Canada VS Australia to live in?

The amount of stupid in this topic can't be quantified.

Says the person going around calling people stupid. Thanks for giving us a taste of your maturity...

If you like colder weather and ice hockey then Canada.

If you like getting cooked alive and "Fosters" beer then Australia.

I'm originally from the UK but now live in Ontario. It's epic.

Says the person going around calling people stupid. Thanks for giving us a taste of your maturity...

I'm pointing out stupidity. Not spewing it.

I'm pointing out stupidity. Not spewing it.

Um.. yes you are... All you've done is gone around name-calling and trolling for absolutely no reason.

There's no reason for you to get all upset when somebody speaks their opinion on your beloved Australia...

In Australia they have

- Zero Punctuation

- Kangoroos

- Kiwis

- Vast amounts of desert

- Hmmm... yeah I know Australia really well

Don't forget that in Australia EVERYTHING can kill you.

Hmmm...Do I want to spend half the year in mind numbing cold weather or do I want to spend half the year surfing on beaches. Hmmm. Cold sucks.

- Quebec: a unilingual French-speaking province with strong cultural ties to Europe, and a strong desire to separate and form an independent country

If the desire was strong Quebec would have voted yes a long time ago.

The fact is people in quebec don't want to hear about separation anymore. It's something of the past. We have more important things to take care of like reduction of the state. But with the left-wing strong lobby it's a hard process.

We have a remote cultural tie with europe (mainly france). It's perfectly normal it's our ancestors. We share a lot with fellow canadians. We love hockey and beers and cheer for the canadian team. That alone makes us canadians ;)

If the west was willing to drop federally the queen, commonwealth and crap like senators quebec and the roc would get along more easily. But hey god save the uk queen ... i guess.

The fact is people in quebec don't want to hear about separation anymore. It's something of the past. We have more important things to take care of like reduction of the state. But with the left-wing strong lobby it's a hard process.

We have a remote cultural tie with europe (mainly france). It's perfectly normal it's our ancestors. We share a lot with fellow canadians. We love hockey and beers and cheer for the canadian team. That alone makes us canadians ;)

If the west was willing to drop federally the queen, commonwealth and crap like senators quebec and the roc would get along more easily. But hey god save the uk queen ... i guess.

Still got some(many) crazies.

Quebec voted almost 50% yes in 1995. Support for the option has dropped somewhat since, but that is largely due to abdication of leadership from the party representing that option (the PQ), as government for the past 15 years they have done basically nothing to promote sovereignty, hence the recent emergence of new, clearly sovereigntist parties (the Option Nationale and Qu?bec Solidaire).

Quebec will always have "more important things to take care of" than sovereignty. Every society has economic problems and environmental problems and all sorts of much more pragmatic issues. The idea is that being an independent country would help Quebec deal with all of these issues better than being governed by another.

The idea is that being an independent country would help Quebec deal with all of these issues better than being governed by another.

It might be better if the PQ was not leaded by incompetent morons. There's a reason the PQ doesn't talk about sovereignty anymore. Who would want a country run by Pauline Marois?

It might be better if the PQ was not leaded by incompetent morons.
I suppose you prefer Harper?

An independent Quebec wouldn't be always run by the PQ, if ever. Actually, there would be no more sovereigntists parties since sovereignty would have been done. Like any other country, it would alternate between left-wing and right-wing governments.

I suppose you prefer Harper?

No i'm liberal. I prefer a not corrupted/not conservative liberal gouv but right now in canada it doesn't exist anymore ;) I perfectly know Quebec would not be always run by the PQ. But to get people to vote yes you got to have a strong leader. And the PQ did not have one for many years now. It's the sad reality ...

We have enough immigrants in Canada, please choose another country. No offense

We still have plenty of space in the north XD

No i'm liberal. I prefer a not corrupted/not conservative liberal gouv but right now in canada it doesn't exist anymore ;) I perfectly know Quebec would not be always run by the PQ. But to get people to vote yes you got to have a strong leader. And the PQ did not have one for many years now. It's the sad reality ...

I agree, the PQ has had poor leadership for the past 15 years (although I would have worse things to say about the liberals). Pauline Marois will never realize sovereignty, she just wants to be prime minister and govern more or less in accordance with public opinion surveys. That said, the PQ isn't the only sovereigntist party anymore and I think in the short-to-medium term it will be replaced by either one or a coalition of the new ones (Option Nationale and Qu?bec Solidaire).

We have enough immigrants in Canada, please choose another country. No offense

Mind elaborating? Any reason why say a second-generation Canadian born to immigrant parents would behave any differently than a first-generation Canadian who arrived with their parents while they were toddlers?

Even those that are my age who have only spent half or less of their lives in Canada (and since starting university, that's a pretty strong majority), so long as they're productive in this society, why should it be a problem?

Mind elaborating? Any reason why say a second-generation Canadian born to immigrant parents would behave any differently than a first-generation Canadian who arrived with their parents while they were toddlers?

Even those that are my age who have only spent half or less of their lives in Canada (and since starting university, that's a pretty strong majority), so long as they're productive in this society, why should it be a problem?

He didn't really say anything about behavior, I suspect he was referring to the current job market in some provinces.

Australia.

I lived in Canada for 26 years. Closing in on living 3 years in Australia.

I'm not sure if it's just where in Canada I lived (Edmonton) or where I live now (Sydney), but Sydney absolutely destroys it.

Everyone I know can afford a place even with a crappy job, ONE crappy job. The people are much nicer. The weather is waaay nicer. The roads are nicer (no snow to wreck them). There are seemingly more educated people here in my experience, and it's easier to get a good education. The only redeeming quality Canada has over Australia is the Medical System -- but even then -- Australia's is very nice and you'll hardly notice a difference.

I'll never go back to Canada. but I do miss the Snow sometimes. Having Christmas in the summer is very odd to do. The internet is better in Canada as well and you're closer to America which helps in some technological areas.

Having said this though: There is a different culture here; some people have a hard time adapting. It may seem similar but it's not. It's in general less dramatic here but in some ways slightly more primitive. It seems a lot like Canada/America used to be, back in the 80's or so. I obviously don't recall the 80's too well having been born in them, but from what I've seen in American movies from the 80's, Australia seems to more closely represent that mentality.

Overall, hands-down, Australia is better for me.

If you like colder weather and ice hockey then Canada.

If you like getting cooked alive and "Fosters" beer then Australia.

I'm originally from the UK but now live in Ontario. It's epic.

I'm sorry, but no self respecting Australian drinks that garbage! :shifty: :)

Australia.

I lived in Canada for 26 years. Closing in on living 3 years in Australia.

I'm not sure if it's just where in Canada I lived (Edmonton) or where I live now (Sydney), but Sydney absolutely destroys it.

There's your problem, pretty much anywhere is better than Edmonton.

I've never been to Sydney or Australia, so I can't compare, other then despising the current government, I like Canada.

This is a pretty old topic though, so the guy is either already in Australia, or working hard to jump through the hoops to get into Canada.

He didn't really say anything about behavior, I suspect he was referring to the current job market in some provinces.

Ah. Fair point regarding jobs. I'd say that problem is more applicable south of the border and only towards low skilled jobs - which I find amusing when people complain about these jobs taken by immigrants yet enjoy the fruits of their labour on a daily basis (i.e. cheap food joints).

There's your problem, pretty much anywhere is better than Edmonton.

Yeah. Like Toronto. :D

Jokes aside, haven't been to Edmonton nor Calgary, though the latter I'd like to visit one day.

Ah. Fair point regarding jobs. I'd say that problem is more applicable south of border and only towards low skilled jobs - which I find amusing when people complain about these jobs taken by immigrants yet enjoy the fruits of their labour on a daily basis (i.e. cheap food joints).

I'll have to disagree, those jobs are not jobs current Canadians wont do, they're jobs those employers wont hire Canadians for, because when they bring in labourers from another

country, they're allowed to pay them less than min wage, if we enacted laws to protect them from being exploited like that you'd see a huge change in who they hire, and personally

I'd be willing to pay more if it meant people were treated equally and not exploited(even if they were still from out of country) so I could enjoy a 60 cent savings on raspberries.

EDIT: I just went way off topic, sorry for the rant.

Canadian education & health is way better than Aussie.

Living costs are a major thing of debate.

Job prospective is a major thing of debate.

Real estate in Australia is way over inflated.

Weather wise Australia.

Crime I can't comment.

lol GTFO. Drop the Queen. How about dropping Quebec and it's transfer payment BLACKHOLE that cost's the rest of Canada a FORTUNE to maintain? That's why there is no talk of separation...you all realize Quebec would resemble Mexico in terms of GDP in no time.

lol GTFO. Drop the Queen. How about dropping Quebec and it's transfer payment BLACKHOLE that cost's the rest of Canada a FORTUNE to maintain? That's why there is no talk of separation...you all realize Quebec would resemble Mexico in terms of GDP in no time.

You're delusional and manipulated by the media.