Unknowing app purchase on iOS app store possible?

I got an invoice from Apple in my email this morning.

I had apparently purchased an App that I had no idea had been purchased.

Last night, I was going through all the apps of a fairly large developer on my iPad and pressing "Free" then "Install" on all of the free ones. I only entered my password for the first free app. I had also made a paid purchase earlier that evening from a different developer.

I have In-app purchases disabled in the settings.

During this time I did not get a "Buy" button or ask for my password for the paid apps and I sure as hell was very careful to only press the "Free" ones.

I know that sometimes that the Price field can take a few moments to update when the screen loads, is it possible that I may have pressed the "Free" button (before it had a chance to update with the actual price) and it remembered the "Buy" button and password from my earlier purchase? Or is it more likely that I made a mistake and must have actually pressed the buy button?

Yeah Apple refunded me when I explained it tot them. I don't know if it was a system thing or a goodwill thing. They also refunded the app I bought prior to this one. I asked them to undo that refund as it was a legitimate purchase but they said they can only refund everything on the same invoice. The legit app is still installed so I don't get the option to re-purchase.

I suspect that it is a case of having a 15 minute timer to confirm free apps and 15 minute time to confirm paid apps. I suspect that when I purchased the first paid app, within the 15 minutes later I must have accidentally pressed on this other paid app for which it didn't confirm AT ALL. I checked the settings and there is no way to set a 15 minute timer for FREE apps and no timer (always confirm) for PAID apps which is a bit of shortsightedness in design or they are just trying to cause unwanted purchases.

Reminds me of the last problem I had. I wanted to reinstate a "non-replenish-able" in-app purchase. To do this, it prompted me right up to "Do you wish to buy X for $1.99", then I press "Buy" (seemingly like I will be paying again despite the developers insistence that I won't) and only after I have pressed "BUY" does it tell me that it has already been bought and will be redownloaded for free. That is bad design. The In-App purchases should have told me that it will be redownloadeded for free in the first place rather than me having to bother the developer about the In-App functionality because it wasn't clear (I originally contacted Apple about it, but they referred me to the Developer)