Is this the iPhone 5?

There's not a single advantage to having a rounded back. Plus it just looks silly.

One advantage is making the phone look/feel slimmer than it is

It's got way too much of a curve though

I don't know why people think this looks cool or apple would ever do something so stupid. Not only is this very impractical (the way you'd have to hold it, use it, even keep it in your pocket), to how oddly shaped the hardware modifications would need to be (including how weak the edges would be if you dropped it or bent it any further), to how UGLY that is.

If Apple were to use such a design, don't you think that they would use the current chasis with the obvious modifications or maybe some other strong materials preventing weak edges if dropped, if you remember not everyone liked the original iPhone the back was metal then stopped at a black strip along the bottom.

Every design has flaws but you use these flaws and make them strenghts

This is the iPhone I want:

iphoneconcepts.jpg

This is a nice design but the home button should be removed as it doesn't go with the design it should be made capacitive instead.

Haha. Never gonna happen. Can you imagine typing on that when it's laying flat. Nightmare dot com.

It'll hover...in the air. It's magicical! come on man you should know that by now. Where's GS:Mac.....

I don't think I've seen such a bad piece of concept art before in my entire life.

Really!!??! EVERY piece of concept art I've ever seen is ugly as ****, this isn't bad.

The design looks nice, but it's impractical. Like others have said, you basically can't use it if it's laying on a flat surface.

How many people lay their iPhone flat on a table to start working on it? :/

It could be a fan-boy project or it may well be a design from Apple. Knowing Apple and how weird they are when it comes to design, it wouldn't surprise me if this was an actual photo of the prototype.

Sorry to say but the design looks S*** in my opinion.

Well it's a Magic Mouse with a screen shopped to its rear. What do you expect?

It could be a fan-boy project or it may well be a design from Apple. Knowing Apple and how weird they are when it comes to design, it wouldn't surprise me if this was an actual photo of the prototype.

I wish people would read. This is a mockup created by someone on the internet for fun.

Well it's a Magic Mouse with a screen shopped to its rear. What do you expect?

I wish people would read. This is a mockup created by someone on the internet for fun.

It's a damn good mockup.

This would be a big step backward imho. The shape of iphone 4/4S is the best out there at the moment.

This is the iPhone I want:

Looks very much like my wife's Galaxy S II or my Galaxy Nexus. Good call, a screen you can see is a good thing.

Now days I weep for iPhone kids and their tiny little screens...how difficult it must be to text.

Wasn't the whole point of the iPhone 4's non-tapered edges to make typing easier? I don't see Apple going back to that, especially considering they've spent the last two years converting all of their mobile products away from tapered edges.

Funny because i read & saw pictures that were supposedly indicating the Samsung Galaxy S3 was going to be a similar shape.

Personally (as i'm holding out for either an iPhone5 or a SGS3) i really really REALLY hope that they don't go for the curved look. It's horrible.

Haha. Never gonna happen. Can you imagine typing on that when it's laying flat. Nightmare dot com.

I would be surprised to learn that people actually type on their phones while their phones are lying flat :s but perhaps that is actually a use case then.