Difference between mlb.tv and atbat 12 subscription?

This is probably the first time I have ever posted in this section of the forums....

But what is the difference between an mlb.tv and an atbat 12 subscription? I know the atbat allows me to stream on my ipad/iphone but do I need an mlb.tv subsciption in addition to an atbat subscription in order to use it? It's honestly very confusing.

You need a mlb.tv sub to stream. I think Atbat lets you get the radio broadcast and some highlights but for the game itself you need a tv sub.

With At Bat 12 sub, you get live Game of the Day, live radio broadcasts and archived games on any mobile device. Mind you, not all devices would support all features. With MLB.TV sub, there are 2 tiers: normal and premium. With normal you get all live games, mosaic view, can use your PS3 to watch (if you have one), DVR controls etc. Premium includes At Bat 12 sub and also allows you to play games on XBOX360 (providing you're Gold member).

Stand-alone At Bat 12 app is crap from the point of view of offerings. It's just a scoreboard and news app. No gameday, no preview, no detailed game scoreboard, no video higlights. The way the app works is great but its functionality is hindered by a massive paywall.