New & Updated apps in Store

I'm showing 210 apps in the Store currently. Lot of nice apps and many that have certainly increased the power of universal search and share.

Well, Microsoft are being unfair then. In the UK, I see 99.

Well, Microsoft are being unfair then. In the UK, I see 99.

There's 162 in the UK, just search for * in the store to list them all.

There's 162 in the UK, just search for * in the store to list them all.

Oh awesome, thanks. So what does "All stars" mean then, I was implying that, that meant all apps.

But still, crucially missing the ones I would have liked such as TuneIn.

Oh awesome, thanks. So what does "All stars" mean then, I was implying that, that meant all apps.

But still, crucially missing the ones I would have liked such as TuneIn.

All Stars is probably another way to say "top rated" since we're using a stars for ratings, aka, 5 star etc.

Rowi just got updated. Got some nice new features, still buggy (like no laptop touchpad scrolling support) but nice.

Changelog in picture:

8Jcwe.png

I wonder if lack of touchpad support has anything to do with touchpad drivers? I can't wait to see how things are on a laptop when final touchpad drivers are out and you can use the new windows 8 gesture support as a replacement to actual touch on a screen.

I wonder if lack of touchpad support has anything to do with touchpad drivers? I can't wait to see how things are on a laptop when final touchpad drivers are out and you can use the new windows 8 gesture support as a replacement to actual touch on a screen.

It's strange though, they work 100% fine on the desktop, and in some Metro-style apps but not others. It's on the developers side I believe due to Metro's different types of scrolling and what not.

But whilst I'd love to be able to use the touchpad to quickly switch apps/bring up charms, it's more likely that these drivers will ship with new laptops. If anything, the only chance they'd come to laptops like mine, is a custom unofficial set.

• 2 weeks later...

Many apps hitting the Store. By my count it's 266 which includes two links to desktop apps (Office, Age of Empires online, and WinZip 16.5). But, since we're all computer geeks here, in some form or fashion, thought I'd post that the Newegg app has hit the Store.

Nope. Still Hotmail/GMail/Exchange. I just set my Hotmail to get my ISP mail until they implement it.

Does it take about half an hour before you receive an email from your ISP in your Hotmail account?

Did you find a way to make Hotmail check your ISP email more often?

Discourse app now supports importing from Google Reader and Outlook and exporting sections to SkyDrive. I just saw the update details and installed it. I will probably take a look at it later.

When will the xbox live games come? It has been saying "Coming Soon" for too long now.

I think after they reset the marketplace, which probably will happen after RTM and when the marketplace officially opens for business.

Errr, the XBox Live Games app is already there since the Consumer Preview . . .

[snip]

S/he wasn't talking about the app... talking about the marketplace inside the app which Baji is probably right about that.

The app is out but the marketplace is not open yet which you see "Coming soon" instead.

The marketplace in the app may be open in the next release or in the public build release.

I've got a total count of 310 apps in the store now (search *.*). Looks to be adding about 10-11 apps per day at the moment. Could be another 1000 or so by the time Win 8 is released.

I'd wager many paid apps are being held back and many more are still being worked on. There's also the possibility that many WP7 developers will be porting their apps over. I wouldn't be surprised to see 10-20k apps once the Store goes live.

I've got a total count of 310 apps in the store now (search *.*). Looks to be adding about 10-11 apps per day at the moment. Could be another 1000 or so by the time Win 8 is released.

I'd wager many paid apps are being held back and many more are still being worked on. There's also the possibility that many WP7 developers will be porting their apps over. I wouldn't be surprised to see 10-20k apps once the Store goes live.

All the paid Metro apps are being held back for now, and the store still isn't open for general submission (it's invite only at this stage), so there's still plenty of developers with applications who have yet to put them up. Although, to be fair, they also have a few months to finish them for launch anyway.

Also, if anyone doesn't know yet - a WinRT version of MetroTwit is up in the store - and it's pretty much better than every other twitter client there.

All the paid Metro apps are being held back for now, and the store still isn't open for general submission (it's invite only at this stage), so there's still plenty of developers with applications who have yet to put them up. Although, to be fair, they also have a few months to finish them for launch anyway.

Also, if anyone doesn't know yet - a WinRT version of MetroTwit is up in the store - and it's pretty much better than every other twitter client there.

MetroTwit is up and is indeed very good. It's lacking a few features still and has a bug or two, but I'm sure those will be handled.

MetroTwit is up and is indeed very good. It's lacking a few features still and has a bug or two, but I'm sure those will be handled.

Even though it's missing a few features like you say it's still one of the more "beefy" metro apps out there. It's use of the UI is also better and it doesn't seem as basic as other apps. This just shows that developers can indeed write more complex apps (as far as the WinRT framework lets them that is) if they want to. Hell they can even have a close button in the top right corner if they want to (unless MS specifically says you can't but I don't think that's the case).

Anyways, another thing to keep in mind is that we don't have the final SDK either, I'm sure developers are waiting for that before they are ready to submit any apps.

"Hell they can even have a close button in the top right corner if they want to (unless MS specifically says you can't but I don't think that's the case)."

Actually it is the case, close buttons are against Store certification rules: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh694083.aspx

"3.6 Your app must use the mechanisms provided by the system for those features that have them

[...]

Your app must neither programmatically close nor offer UI affordances to close it. Windows 8 Process Lifetime Management closes Metro style apps automatically."

"Hell they can even have a close button in the top right corner if they want to (unless MS specifically says you can't but I don't think that's the case)."

Actually it is the case, close buttons are against Store certification rules: http://msdn.microsof...s/hh694083.aspx

"3.6 Your app must use the mechanisms provided by the system for those features that have them

[...]

Your app must neither programmatically close nor offer UI affordances to close it. Windows 8 Process Lifetime Management closes Metro style apps automatically."

Oh well, metrotwit does use a close button, but for it's "popup window" basically.

Yeah that's different. Although I think the more "Metro style" way of doing that would be to just click anywhere outside of the popup to close (they call this "light dismiss").