Whats that star chart app called?

A friend showed me how he pointed his Android up at the night sky and it showed what the names of the stars (and planets) were that we were looking at.

But I need it for my iPhone 4 :p

think there is also one called plantarium and Star Gazer, will have to look through my apps when i get home ( no longer have iPad till friday ), but i still have it on my computer

A friend showed me how he pointed his Android up at the night sky and it showed what the names of the stars (and planets) were that we were looking at.

But I need it for my iPhone 4 :p

On Android it is Google Sky Map and it is free. Unfortunately they don't have an iOS version. You are going to have to pay for one on iOS. As SnoopZ pointed out http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/star-chart/id345542655?mt=8 that is the best selling one for iOS as of now.

the app i have that does it is free. and does good, it uses the GPS and Gyroscope

the app i have that does it is free. and does good, it uses the GPS and Gyroscope

Yeah can't find it using those search terms.

seing if the desktop im on has iTunes installed, will see if i can log in and see purchased apps

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/goskywatch-planetarium-astronomy/id284980812?mt=8

that is what i have used, im seing 2 versions for iPad and 2 for iPhone, i could have sworn it was free. 1 of the iPad versions for me is showing as Download, and i dotn remember paying for it

*Edit - linked the ipad version by mistake, rememberd you had an iPhone and the origional link wasnt universal.

the universal / iPhone version does indeed cost $4 US. know your UK so no idea what the link for that is

For IOS, nothing beats Starwalk by Vito technology. My brother has it on ipad, and it's awesome.

For android, "Star Chart" is what I personally use. If only Vito would make starwalk for android, but it seems they are an IOS-only shop.

Both apps aren't free btw.

The Android one I have is just called "Star Chart", just FYI -- I will have to check out Google Sky Map.

edit: frozen.kyro beat me to it--this is what I get for not refreshing before posting ;)

I had Google Sky Map on my HTC Desire when I still had it. On my iPhone I use "Star Walk" which also shows satellites and whatnot. It has a whole lot more features and it looks quite nice as well.

It works similar to Google Sky Map as in; pointing your iPhone towards a place in the sky and see what stars you're looking at.