AT&T, Lumia 900:

Speaking to CNET in an interview, AT&T Device head Jeff Bradley told them about their upcoming launch of Nokia Lumia 900 as ?At all levels, this is a notch above anything we?ve ever done,?. This is pretty much expected from AT&T and Nokia since the info about their ?Operation Rolling Thunder? aggressive marketing strategy leaked few months ago.
For consumers, the blitzkrieg will begin right around when the phone launches on April 8. AT&T and Nokia are readying a massive television marketing campaign to raise consumer awareness. The Lumia 900 will be the centerpiece at AT&T stores, with massive signs and posters promoting the device. Nokia and AT&T spent considerable time training store reps, and a majority of them will be carrying one with them at all times. The phone will launch with a number of available, which Bradley said sends an indirect message to consumers that the device is unique and important enough to get significant support.

AT&T has also trained store reps about app alternatives available on Windows Phone platform to answer consumer queries. Hope the launch turns out to be a successful one ! Read the full interview at the source link.

Source: WMPowerUser

anyone else getting the feeling WP is gonna flop? Not saying it's a bad platform or anything (i like it), it just seems that they are wayyyyyyyy too late into the smart phone game.

meh.... its still a crappy phone... own a WP but like all the fanboys claim here its not that great... its just ok.

Aren't you a guy who claimed the Lumia 900 was a cheaply made phone when it hasn't even been released yet?

And just to point out, it has an AMOLED plus screen (Nokia calls their version Clearblack), gorilla glass, a high quality polycarbonate unibody an a 8MP camera with Carl Zeiss lens that actually takes pretty damn good pictures (http://www.wpcentral.com/att-nokia-lumia-900-low-light-and-macro-camera-samples ) so they fixed w/e software issue the lumia 800 had. Hardly a cheaply made phone :rolleyes:

Aren't you a guy who claimed the Lumia 900 was a cheaply made phone when it hasn't even been released yet?

And just to point out, it has an AMOLED plus screen (Nokia calls their version Clearblack), gorilla glass, a high quality polycarbonate unibody an a 8MP camera with Carl Zeiss lens that actually takes pretty damn good pictures (http://www.wpcentral...-camera-samples ) so they fixed w/e software issue the lumia 800 had. Hardly a cheaply made phone :rolleyes:

still crappy to me!!! thanks for all the points

What do you expect your phone to be made out of? Titanium and diamonds?

So what? Big deal, the guy gave his opinion and we should respect it.

I would like to know how he came to his opinion but that is a different matter.

So what? Big deal, the guy gave his opinion and we should respect it.

An opinion without solid reasons or evidence to support it is worth nothing and as such should garner no respect from anyone.

And no, "It's crappy" is not a strong argument.

What do you expect your phone to be made out of? Titanium and diamonds?

Something I like!!!! It can even be made of plastic but if its good to me its good to me..

Why does it bother YOU so much that I feel that Lumia 900 is crappy phone???

Its weird how people get butt hurt if someone dont like a phone...

I doubt anyone is "butt hurt" over it, rather to present your case as a decent argument your sentences should be more like this;

"I think the Nokia Lumia is a bad phone because.." followed by various compelling reasons to indicate its flaws and how competition does this or that better and less like this: "It suxorz".

• Like 3

I doubt anyone is "butt hurt" over it, rather to present your case as a decent argument your sentences should be more like this;

"I think the Nokia Lumia is a bad phone because.." followed by various compelling reasons to indicate its flaws and how competition does this or that better and less like this: "It suxorz".

because the phone does not have 3.5" screen, a circular home button at front, weak cellular antenna, 326ppi display, and runs ios, thats why he thinks it is a crappy phone

• Like 2

Something I like!!!! It can even be made of plastic but if its good to me its good to me..

Its weird how people get butt hurt if someone dont like a phone...

Because you said the phone is cheaply made not that you didn't like it.

There's a difference. Cheaply made implies the phone is made with cheap low quality plastics, a low end TFT screen and held together by duct tape and spit (exaggeration but w/e). And the Lumia 900 isn't that.

Because you said the phone is cheaply made not that you didn't like it.

There's a difference. Cheaply made implies the phone is made with cheap low quality plastics, a low end TFT screen and held together by duct tape and spit (exaggeration but w/e). And the Lumia 900 isn't that.

I hate the PS3 game The Elder Scrolls IV. Oblivion and its crappy to me... do you have anything to say on that???

My point being Its crappy to me and you cant make me like it... jeez , get a life rather than poking at someone's likes and dislikes.

Regardless of what people say, there will always be someone who doesn't like something for whatever reason but the Lumia range seems to be doing fine in the markets it's been released. There seems to be a good deal of interest in the 900 and if AT&T's retail staff doesn't screw the pooch it'll sell good in the US as well.

No one is expecting iPhone sales, not even the best selling Android devices can match that, but so what? If Nokia matches whatever it's sales expectations are then they're fine and they know better than us to what that is.

I hate the PS3 game The Elder Scrolls IV. Oblivion and its crappy to me... do you have anything to say on that???

My point being Its crappy to me and you cant make me like it... jeez , get a life rather than poking at someone's likes and dislikes.

Do you not understand English or something?

I said there's a difference between not liking a phone and calling a phone cheaply made. And your EXACT words were:

yeah, its cheap and cheaply made phone..

I don't give a **** whether or not you like the phone, that's your opinion. But you can't go calling it a cheaply made phone when its quite the opposite unless you seem to think a high end screen and high quality plastics constitute as cheaply made.

If you still can't understand that then go learn some English.

• Like 1

anyone else getting the feeling WP is gonna flop? Not saying it's a bad platform or anything (i like it), it just seems that they are wayyyyyyyy too late into the smart phone game.

there is nothing called too late

it will be hard .but not impossible

• Like 2

At the rate the smartphone and mobile market in general is growing even if you're 3rd with 20% or something of the market you're making billions. Let's face it, I don't expect RIM to hold on and while WP probably won't make it into 1st or 2nd even if they're 3rd with a good enough chunk that's good enough. With Nokia showing OEMs how it's done and with WP8 opening up the hardware support more to what OEMs like (not limited to just SoCs from Qualcom etc) then I see no reason why WP can't fit in and take a nice slice.

• Like 1

I don't know. Time will tell, I guess. I do think that this may be Nokia's and WP7's last big chance, though. Blow this one and it may be over.

Hello,

I'm genuinely curious: Could you please tell us which phone?or phones?you do not consider "crappy?" I would prefer to know currently shipping and supported models, but if there is nothing out there right now, a historical perspective would be welcome. Is there a Windows Phone that you like more than the Nokia Lumia 900 and, if so, what is it? Are there specific features of the Nokia Lumia 900 you would change in order to make it "less crappy?" What about Windows Phones in general?

Sorry for asking so many questions, it is just that your comment was so interesting I wanted to hear your thoughts.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

meh.... its still a crappy phone... own a WP but like all the fanboys claim here its not that great... its just ok.

• Like 1

I don't like the name. Nokia Lumia 900 hardly rolls off the tongue, whereas iPhone is pretty much a perfect name. Nokia Lumia 900 implies there are other previous versions - if so, where are they and why haven't people heard of them? (I know there's an 800 but literally none of my non-geek friends has ever heard of this). If Nokia are going for a bigger launch than the original iPhone, they are clearly targetting this at the mainstream, so why do they have such a non-mainstream name? It just doesn't make sense to me. They should have called it the Nokia Neon or something like that, which people will remember and will stand out as a brand new, exciting phone that people will be proud to own.

"What phone do you want mum?" "Oh, I'm looking at the Nokia Lumia 900". Can you ever imagine that happening? Not my mum at least. Compare it to this, which is what my mum actually said to me:

"I like the look of those iPhones, how do I get one?"

EDIT: Same goes for "Windows Phone 7". Do you know what my dad thought Windows Phone was? An actual phone! And who can blame him? How is he supposed to know that something called "Windows Phone 7" isn't a phone at all, and is actually an operating system? Add this into the Lumia mess, and you have a "Nokia Lumia 900 running Windows Phone 7". Such confusing terminology for non-tech people.

I don't like the name. Nokia Lumia 900 hardly rolls off the tongue, whereas iPhone is pretty much a perfect name. Nokia Lumia 900 implies there are other previous versions - if so, where are they and why haven't people heard of them? (I know there's an 800 but literally none of my non-geek friends has ever heard of this). If Nokia are going for a bigger launch than the original iPhone, they are clearly targetting this at the mainstream, so why do they have such a non-mainstream name? It just doesn't make sense to me. They should have called it the Nokia Neon or something like that, which people will remember and will stand out as a brand new, exciting phone that people will be proud to own.

"What phone do you want mum?" "Oh, I'm looking at the Nokia Lumia 900". Can you ever imagine that happening? Not my mum at least. Compare it to this, which is what my mum actually said to me:

"I like the look of those iPhones, how do I get one?"

EDIT: Same goes for "Windows Phone 7". Do you know what my dad thought Windows Phone was? An actual phone! And who can blame him? How is he supposed to know that something called "Windows Phone 7" isn't a phone at all, and is actually an operating system? Add this into the Lumia mess, and you have a "Nokia Lumia 900 running Windows Phone 7". Such confusing terminology for non-tech people.

At least do a fair comparison. Apple iPhone 4S is just as silly as Nokia Lumia 900. If anything it's sillier because the S is completely meaningless. Your criticism of the 900 is just as silly given that you admit that there are other models (and your anecdotal claim that nobody's heard of them can be dismissed). I don't think anyone's interested in your mum.

At least do a fair comparison. Apple iPhone 4S is just as silly as Nokia Lumia 900. If anything it's sillier because the S is completely meaningless. Your criticism of the 900 is just as silly given that you admit that there are other models (and your anecdotal claim that nobody's heard of them can be dismissed). I don't think anyone's interested in your mum.

Most of the time when you hear about smartphones people will either say iPhone, HTC or Samsung, rarely do people refer to Nokia or Sony anymore. Those in my opinion are what the customers look to when it comes to phones. The Nokia Lumia might be a good phone but it's brand recognition that sells and honestly Nokia aren't the big hitters that they used to be when it comes to the consumer.