s8oQY.jpg

Is the world ready for a sequel to Twins?

Universal and Montecito Picture Co. are hoping to develop a doozy of a follow-up to the 1988 hit comedy that starred Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito that would reunite the two stars.

But wait, there?s a twist: In the new scenario, Eddie Murphy would act as a third brother.

Titled Triplets, the story would see Schwarzenegger and DeVito as brothers Julius and Vincent, conceived experimentally, who discover they have third sibling.

The project doesn?t have a director at this early stage -- Ivan Reitman, who helmed the original, would only act as a producer with his Montecito Picture Co. cohorts Joe Medjuk, Tom Pollock and Ali Bell, according to sources -- but the hunt is on for writers to develop the idea. Insiders caution that no substantial creative discussions have taken place between Universal and Montecito.

The actors are attached to star.

This wouldn?t be the first sequel to an 1988 film that Universal is working. The studio is developing a sequel to Midnight Run that sees Robert De Niro, one of the film?s two original stars along with Charles Grodin, returning in an incarnation to be directed by Brett Ratner.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/twins-triplets-arnold-schwarzenegger-danny-devito-eddie-murphy-306026

These sort of films should be left as they are. Twins was good at the time but honestly i don't think we need a sequel.

Danny Devito should just stick with It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

What will they think of next, a sequel to Dumb and Dumber!

... wait a second.

As long as Police Academy is never expanded upon, I'm happy. What an astoundingly good film - genuinely surprised nobody ever tried to turn that into a franchise of lame jokes...

throw in will ferrell. and they have quadruplets for the next sequel. on and on and on.

God no!!!

Will Ferrell should not be cast in anything.

will not watch, due to the fact that EM may be in it.....he's only got one acting style, and that s**t got old in 48hrs/Another 48hrs....after that, and watch his movies....I'm not making this up...he's either straight and honest one minute, but then he's acting like "Buddy Love" the next. Eddie, you passed your prime son.....let it go, your humor got old after your 2 standups....time to retire, old man! You either need to change your style or just give it up...I mean how many times do I have to watch 48 hours/Dr. Doolittle already? Not creative enough to hold my attention.....LET ALONE him being a TRIPLET to the sequel of TWINS???? DID I MISS EDDIE'S 80's LAUGH SOMEWHERE IN THE MOVIE TWINS??? :o AND, where the F could you even write in a part like that, when clearly, in the first one, there weren't any black fathers? (gotta love that 80's racism/lack of minority huh? <sarcasm> on the racist bits...I don't have a problem with anyone, but the 80's directors didn't have to worry about minority as much....phew! </sarcasm> ) There's SOOOOOOoooooooo many places where I could point things out that it isn't even funny....but for the moment, I'm going to take a sip of my beer, and try to process this unfortunate information.....then I'll tell everyone I know about it....they'll all s**t bricks and won't want to watch it either.

• 3 months later...
You may or may not know this, but there happens to be a quaint little shindig happening right now on the west coast by the name of SAN DIEGO F**KIN' COMIC CON 2012 (okay, so we may have added the middle part) and as a result, the internet is all a-titter with news coming from the hallowed halls of the convention center - some good, some bad, some... well, we're not really sure what you'd call it. Case in point: while promoting his upcoming mega-action-star collaboration at 'The Expendables 2' panel, Arnold Schwarzenegger took the stage against a background montage of his greatest hits, traded quips about racking up a higher film body count than his co-star Sylvester Stallone, and lastly - officially confirmed that yes, there is a 'Twins' sequel in the works.

'Twins', the... let's say "nostalgic"... 1988 film, centered around a pair of genetically engineered twins: the "perfect specimen" played by Schwarzenegger and the "leftover crap" twin played by Danny DeVito. We previously reported that there was movement in Hollywood to do a 'Triplets' film, co-starring the never-disappointing-at-all-ever Eddie Murphy as a long lost (and presumably more melanin-endowed) sibling. While Arnie was remiss to comment on the contents of the story or Murphy's involvement, he did confirm that Ivan Reitman ('Kindergarten Cop', 'Junior') will be returning once again to direct the sequel (and not just as a producer as previously rumored), and that they are currently on the hunt for a screenwriter. And to whomever they find (*cough*blackmail*cough) to write this film? We wish you luck and sorry to hear about your newly-ended career..

http://my.spill.com/...ms-twins-sequel

These sort of films should be left as they are. Twins was good at the time but honestly i don't think we need a sequel.

Danny Devito should just stick with It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

What will they think of next, a sequel to Dumb and Dumber!

... wait a second.

No-- They will find a way to resurrect "Three men and a baby...."

Hollywood is running out of ideas.... thus the re-makes.