New Poster for Rian Johnson

qSvn.jpg

In the futuristic action thriller Looper, time travel will be invented ? but it will be illegal and only available on the black market. When the mob wants to get rid of someone, they will send their target 30 years into the past, where a ?looper? ? a hired gun, like Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) ? is waiting to mop up. Joe is getting rich and life is good? until the day the mob decides to ?close the loop,? sending back Joe?s future self (Bruce Willis) for assassination. The film is written and directed by Rian Johnson and also stars Emily Blunt, Paul Dano, and Jeff Daniels. Ram Bergman and James D. Stern produce.

Reminded me of the film Triangle, for me it was a very well put together time-travel esque movie with an interesting twist. Which i can imagine this would have. I've only ever seen Joseph in Inception and he was quite alright, but as a leading role i'm not too sure about.

And ofc Bruce, instant +1.

Bruce and Levitt

(Y)

:woot:

Sometimes, the poster alone can tell you how good or bad the movie is going to be

Everyone knows the ones with ms clipart and word art are the best movies!.

??Looper? is a time travel movie, set in a near future where time travel doesn?t exist but will exist in a few decades. It?s pretty dark in tone, much different from ?Bloom,? and involves a group of killers (called Loopers) who work for a crime syndicate in the future. Their bosses send their targets hogtied and blindfolded back in time to the Loopers, and their job is to simply shoot them in the head and dispose of the body. So the target vanishes from the future and the Loopers dispose of a corpse that technically doesn?t exist, a very clean system. Complications set in from there.?

One thing for definite is they've got to have done their homework before getting into this, you can't please everybody but i can already see the ranting and raving of sci-fi geeks pointing out what they believe to be "rookie time-travel mistakes.".

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes, the poster alone can tell you how good or bad the movie is going to be

Not true. I've seen awful movies that have great posters and excellent movies with average ones.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lols, nice clip, only someone like Bruce would beat the crap out of his younger self with such style. This should be good, and I expect at least 1 major twist in the story already.