You asked and the Hotmail Team responded. Here's the video!

Over 50% of Hotmail's features aren't available on the mobile version of Hotmail.

One example is if I report spam using the non-mobile website, I get an option to report to you guys that the account may have been breached and do I wish to also delete the contact. I don't get any of these options in the mobile version.?

Over 50% of Hotmail's features aren't available on the mobile version of Hotmail.

One example is if I report spam using the non-mobile website, I get an option to report to you guys that the account may have been breached and do I wish to also delete the contact. I don't get any of these options in the mobile version.

Try the android app?

Try the android app?

1. I use iOS

2. It shouldn't matter what OS I am using as I am talking about the non-mobile website.

First off, I got mentioned in the video :) Thanks for the shoutout.

Also, thanks a lot just for replying. I think it is good way to reach out a community for some feedback and give some answers. Here is hoping to future videos.

File uploaded!!!!

http://uploading.com...rch%2B2012.mp4/

Please try that and let me know how the file download works and the video as well.

Viewed it on YouTube when I got home but thank you.

POP is here to retrieve your mail, but after that, you are disconnected from the server and you can read your emails offline.

IMAP is a connected mode, you are always connected to the server and when you make an email as read in your mail client, it will be marked as read too in the server.

EAS is basically IMAP + many others things (like contact synchronisation, push notification etc.), so there is a reason to keep POP & EAS, EAS makes IMAP useless.

See that link for more infos : http://en.wikipedia....ange_ActiveSync

The main reason people want IMAP is because IMAP is open; EAS is proprietary and cant be implemented in just any client.

They should just drop POP3 support and stay with IMAP and EAS; Best of both worlds :)

1. I use iOS

2. It shouldn't matter what OS I am using as I am talking about the non-mobile website.

As they mentioned, their order for preferences is the following:

1: Web browsers

2: Devices (mobile web browsers)

3a: Desktop clients such as Thunderbird, Outlook, Windows Live Mail

3b: Any other 3rd party client

Not sure why you are talking about iOS and then a non-mobile website. I might have mixed your post up....

I hope more people reply to this. More or less 150 posts were made and we only have 3 pages of a reply thread. These guys spent 90 minutes of their time replying to us and helping us see what YOU asked (they even went to the SkyDrive section which isnt a part of their section) and for now only 3 pages? Come on. At least stop by and give "thanks". Its the least you can do. Feedback is VERY important as it what makes a product move forward. But heres the thing: We (as in I and others) dont care about your feedback and wont do anything while these 2 Hotmail employees (and others on the Hotmail team) do care about it and WILL do things about your feedback such as talk about them or implement them in the future.

And when they have said more than once that there are things that they cant talk about in the future, there is a chance that some of the things that have been said are indeed planned for the future.

I am confused when they say that flagging email is supported in Hotmail on Windows Phone (approximately 1:04:00 in the video). Unless there's a hidden option someplace, it most certainly is not possible to flag an email in Hotmail on Windows Phone. I just checked on my Nokia Lumia 900 (which has the latest available WP7 software in the US -- just in case this feature was unavailable on my HTC Titan that's still running the original release of Mango). Has anyone else found a way to enable this feature?

Regarding IMAP -- as someone that uses a Mac as my personal desktop, I would be completely happy with desktop EAS support. As it stands right now, I have no email, contact nor calendar sync because Hotmail via EAS is available only to mobile devices. Using the browser as the primary mechanism for cloud "sync" is not acceptable to me and is why I will be sticking with Gmail for the time being. This way, I have the same mail, contacts and calendar on all of my devices.

Nonetheless, thanks to Galileo and Nic for responding to the community.

They completely do not get it when it comes to two factor authentication! It's great that they have all this after-the-fact stuff to warn you, but if they gave you true 2 factor authentication (SMS code to phone during sign in) you probably wouldn't need the other crap. They might as well have said "Sorry Bro, too much trouble to actually address the problem.".

We do get it. We know it's not there today. As we said at the outset, we wouldn't talk about future updates, plans, features, etc. I'm not confirming one way or another that we'll do 2-fact auth. But let's be clear about one thing, there's no such thing as "too much trouble" when it comes to our users' security.

One example is if I report spam using the non-mobile website, I get an option to report to you guys that the account may have been breached and do I wish to also delete the contact. I don't get any of these options in the mobile version.

Mobile is one of those scenarios that has exploded over the last couple of years. It went from being an in-between-PC's email checker to being pretty much the primary screen for email triage. Hopefully we'll have more to share about mobile in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I am confused when they say that flagging email is supported in Hotmail on Windows Phone (approximately 1:04:00 in the video). Unless there's a hidden option someplace, it most certainly is not possible to flag an email in Hotmail on Windows Phone. I just checked on my Nokia Lumia 900 (which has the latest available WP7 software in the US -- just in case this feature was unavailable on my HTC Titan that's still running the original release of Mango). Has anyone else found a way to enable this feature?

Regarding IMAP -- as someone that uses a Mac as my personal desktop, I would be completely happy with desktop EAS support. As it stands right now, I have no email, contact nor calendar sync because Hotmail via EAS is available only to mobile devices. Using the browser as the primary mechanism for cloud "sync" is not acceptable to me and is why I will be sticking with Gmail for the time being. This way, I have the same mail, contacts and calendar on all of my devices.

Nonetheless, thanks to Galileo and Nic for responding to the community.

jluckett, you're absolutely right about the lack of flagging Hotmail messages on WP7. I've corrected the video to reflect that. I think it's one of those things that slipped (notice my dumb stammering as I was thrown off by Nic on this :wacko:), since we're so used to accessing our Exchange mail on our WP7's that we incorrectly stated that Hotmail supported it as well. Thanks for the heads up. And yes, this is a big request.

And you hit another big request, better support for OSX. We're looking hard at this one. We'll definitely let the community know when we have news here.

Thanks for your answers. I would like to submit some bugs & suggestions for the Hotmail android app:

Bugs:

• Ability to view the Sent and Deleted email folders from within this app (and other sub folders) is not possible since v7.8.2.7.46.2592. This bug is not solved in current version 7.8.2.8.46.6837
  • When email is read and subsequently deleted, it is still marked as unread in Deleted folder in Hotmail on the web.

Suggestions:

1. Open directly to account (inbox) if only one account is setup, or at least make it an option
  2. Flag support
  3. Synchronization of tasks
  4. Custom notifications for new mail from specific contacts / folders (especially useful using Rules / Sweep) and option to notify only for specific contacts / folders
  5. Folders need a better user interface. The tedious switching is annoying:
    • When viewing for example Sent items folder, pressing back button quits app. Pressing back should bring you back to inbox or menu.
    • Different folders as tabs on top of the screen

[*]Option to view (sync) all mail, not just the last 30 days