Is Team Fortress 2 free to play and download on the PS3?

Hey

Im going to tell a friend to download this on his PS3 but Im not sure if the PS3 version if free to play and download.

If so, does the PS3 have a store or something to download it for free?

Sorry for the noob questions.

Thanks

No. The console versions haven't been updated in a long time too. I think it has to do with Microsoft wanting to charge users for updates that add content. As for Sony, they weren't as open as they are now when TF2 was released in 2007. It's a damn shame too because the game had such great potential on consoles.

Valve wasn't even the publisher of TF2 on the PS3. Even if they wanted to do an update (which I doubt they do), I don't know if they can.

Yeah, EA did the PS3 port, and pretty half-assedly IIRC.

TF2 on the Xbox hasn't received any updates for a while since they've gone past the size limits (Just the raw TF2 stuff is 8GB, and that's not counting shared engine resources), and MS don't like free updates.

• 2 months later...

- Download Steam

- Go to store page and find TF2

- Download

- Have fun

and to do this on the PS3 like the OP asked???

Why would you play a FPS with a gamepad?

I don't know, but the millions of COD sales would indicate that people are more than happy using a control pad for FPS games.

I don't know, but the millions of COD sales would indicate that people are more than happy using a control pad for FPS games.

Because they don't know better and won't listen. They read "WASD" in such an article and give up reading instantly.

Their loss.

Because they don't know better and won't listen. They read "WASD" in such an article and give up reading instantly.

Their loss.

Or you know we just enjoy using both for different game.

Or you know we just enjoy using both for different game.

I never said pads were bad for games, I said they were weaker than a mouse+keyboard combo for FPS games.

Their loss.

Or are bored of the PC master race going on and on about how much better FPS' are on PC. :)