Girls (HBO Series)

2hdHX.jpg

Girls is an upcoming comedy television series on premium cable network HBO. The series was created by Lena Dunham, who also stars alongside Jemima Kirke, Allison Williams, Adam Driver and Zosia Mamet. It follows the lives of a small group of friends in their 20s trying to chart their lives in New York City.

Dunham was given the opportunity to create the series after the success of her film Tiny Furniture, which shares a similar premise with Girls. Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner serve as executive producers alongside Dunham.

The series will premiere on April 15, 2012.

Lena Dunham as Hannah

Jemima Kirke as Jessa: a space cadet with hippie tendencies who wants to be an artist/educator

Allison Williams as Marnie: a sexy, bitchy and ambitious assistant at a slick political PR firm whose goal is to practice environmental law

Adam Driver as Adam: Hannah's handsome carpenter boyfriend

Zosia Mamet as Shoshanna: Jessa's cousin and roommate

Just finished the Pilot. It was one of those things you are either going like or dislike, there is no middle. I liked it.

• 5 weeks later...

That show is hilarious. I find myself laughing out loud almost every scene.

yeah its a great show

Am I the only one who tried watching this crap and fell asleep?.. Where is the funny in every scene?

I guess you just have to be bent a certain way. I just finished the last episode (06) and laughed out loud almost every scene.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HBO has given a third-season renewal to "Girls."

Though the network would not confirm, the sitcom's star and exec producer Lena Dunham told Alec Baldwin on a podcast earlier this week, "We're starting season three at the end of March. I'm so excited."

"Girls" is currently in the middle of its second season, which began on Jan. 13. The season opener drew 866,000 for its initial 9 p.m. telecast and 1.6 million over three telecasts.

(http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/01/girls-renewed-for-3rd-season.html)