The Walking Dead (Season 3)

THE WALKING DEAD: First Look At Danai Gurira As Michonne

michg.jpg

I can't tell you how excited I am seeing this, season 3 is gonna be so fricking amazing.

Now this is awesome. Can't wait. I just hope they don't tone it down. The prison is my favorite part on the comics so I'm hopeful that Season 3 won't disappoint.

I wish you didn't post that link my work just filtered that site for obvious reasons. Please advise next time! Thanks

I wish you didn't post that link my work just filtered that site for obvious reasons. Please advise next time! Thanks

Err, I just quoted the post with the link O.o

there was nothing wrong with the link? unless your work filtered the host because they sometimes host adult stuff

$20 says that Merle takes Rick's hand eye for an eye style.

I always said merle will be the Governor.

f you've read the comic books from writer Robert Kirkman then you have a pretty good idea where the character of Carl Grimes (played by talented youngster Chandler Riggs) is going. Foreshadowing that development is showrunner Glen Mazzara in an interview with TV Guide---

"We're interested in exploring Carl as a child soldier in this war against the walkers," said Mazzara. "He becomes a very, very effective, strong part of the group. He's no longer the young child who needs to be cared for and who needs to be minded. That Carl is gone."

In a separate interview with The Los Angeles Times Mazzara spoke about some of the viewer angst regarding Carl's seemingly disregard for his personal safety---

"Everyone wants to know why Carl's not in the house," he said. "Well, it's boring to sit in a house. And he's a little boy and he wants to mix it up and stuff. And he's walking through the woods and finds a zombie trapped in the mud and he starts doing what any Huck Finn would do and starts throwing rocks at the monster. And then later that is the same zombie that pulls itself free and kills Dale. And the writers were very nervous about that, you know? It feels earned, but it's a risk. Because Dale is a beloved character and if this other character is involved and responsible for that death, is the audience going to now hate Carl? But I thought the story was worth the chance."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=62052

The Walking Dead exec Gale Anne Hurd has revealed new details about season three.

The zombie drama's next run will be set in an industrial prison complex, where the show's survivors will encounter a society run by the Governor (David Morrissey).

David Morrissey as The Governor in 'The Walking Dead'

"I will say that I loved [season two's setting] the farm, but it is good to be off the farm," Hurd said in an official AMC interview.

"And the contrast between our [two main sets] this season is so great. We're setting up this first community that is functioning in a post-zombie apocalypse. We get to see not only the advantages of putting civilization back on its feet again but also the dark forces at work in what may seem like a utopia."

Hurd also hinted that fans could expect new zombie effects in future episodes, including the use of "puppeted animatronic zombies".

"We're not just seeing the same old thing," she insisted. "This season, we're going to have puppeted animatronic zombies and that's something that we haven't seen before."

The Walking Dead director Ernest Dickerson - who is helming the season three premiere - recently claimed that the season will focus more on a "human menace" and less on the zombie threat.

"It's really important to focus on making the story as richly character-driven as possible," Hurd confirmed. "Because the scares and the sense of jeopardy only come with identifying with those characters when they're in jeopardy.

"It's really a marathon this year. The challenge is maintaining the same intense level of storytelling that our audience expects of us, and we certainly plan to deliver on that."

The Walking Dead airs on AMC in the US and FX in the UK.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s135/the-walking-dead/news/a388799/walking-dead-exec-hints-at-new-zombies-governor-arc.html

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the first season, enjoyed it. Until they left the M16s and assault rifles on the ground in the last episode could of ignored that.. even if annoying. Season 2, brand new fuel efficient cars abandoned that would do 10x the distant then that ********** CAMPER that breaks down every 2 minutes. Girl goes missing, still sitting around on the highway for another episode. NOPE.

Never watched another episode again, is it worth watching through? I know these are small things, but as a zombie film enthusiast some of the **** these people do is beyond retarded and just has me banging my head against the wall. Its more aggravating then enjoying like the first season, and just seemed to be getting worse.

So epic, I was worried they might skip the prison due to cost issues, I'm glad they didn't some epic scenes coming up.

Comic spoilers:

Wonder if they will show the Governer mutilation/torture scene, it was pretty gruesome and shocking for a comic, I also wonder if they will kill off Lori this season

Never watched another episode again, is it worth watching through?

YES! Season 2 started well enough, but was very slow in the middle. This is where you stopped watching and I can't blame you for that. However, the last few episodes of season 2 were superb, and it looks like season 3 (if the comics are any guide) will be worth the watch.

So, stick with the slow parts of S2 ... enjoying the ending, and wait for S3