[10.6] Are spaces hot corners accessible while a program is full screen?

Probably the #1 reason I like to use Lion is because of its support for full screen apps, and there mission control works better in the long run than spaces, but program compatibility is also an issue - there just isn't anything Lion only to really justify sticking with it over the stuff that's SL and earlier only.

Now from what I remember, when an app is full screen using the non Lion API, the dock isn't accessible, which makes switching programs a bit of a pain, but if the hot corners are still accessible then it's less of an issue. Can anyone who's using SL test how that works? Could I easily have 3 programs in full screen each taking up one space, and then have the 4th as a regular desktop? Or would I have to get out of full screen each time before switching?

I would think hot corners and the Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow shortcuts would still work (except in certain circumstances e.g. a full screen game like WoW).

Also, what specifically are you using that's only compatible with Snow Leopard and earlier?

Several games (Escape Velocity, Age of Empires/Mythology, probably a few more over time), and some other stuff that I didn't expect to be an issue but suddenly was (Norton Anthology Companion), I expect over time to come across more programs that don't work on Lion. Some of them might have a suitable alternative, and I certainly don't mind switching to something more modern in that case (Postbox Express), but several of those just aren't replaceable at all.