Windows Phone 8? Nokia Lumia 920?

Maybe a concept of what it might look like perhaps?

If you translate the Chinese, it says it's a conceptual design. So not real, but very nice hardware design.

Side note, look at the Windows logo on the home button... Windows 8 perspective version of the logo :D

win8.png

Windows Phone 8 "Apollo" build 8.0.9662.0 is now recorded in the app and visible under the device statistics sections. The obvious question though is it real or fake? From our discussions with the developer, Scott Peterson, it's a bit difficult to "spoof" the check on the device ID, though we certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility either. For that reason, we're treating this with a grain of salt.

Windows Phone 8, expected to be announced this summer and released later in 2012, is the first major overhaul of the OS since it's release in 2010. Dual core CPU support in addition to additional display resolutions, NFC and more advanced features are all expected to be introduced with the OS, though exact details are scarce at the time.

http://www.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8-supposedly-build-shows-social-networking-app

I really wish some of these companies would hire some of these guys who make these renderings. most of them look excellent. like this paticular one.

I find the idea of the tiles supporting landscape mode as way more interesting in that shot than the hardware design, which is just a tweaked 900. Also the WPCentral artical on WP8 linked above has an update that says that MS has started dogfooding WP8 internally as of March 30th. If true then it's pretty close to ready I'd say, probably RC status. I wonder if MS will try to beat out Apple to a new OS release, the rumors of a new iPhone in October could be true seeing how last time we only got a tweaked iPhone 4 really. I was going to bet an another November release for WP but maybe MS is aiming for September?

I find the idea of the tiles supporting landscape mode as way more interesting in that shot than the hardware design, which is just a tweaked 900. Also the WPCentral artical on WP8 linked above has an update that says that MS has started dogfooding WP8 internally as of March 30th. If true then it's pretty close to ready I'd say, probably RC status. I wonder if MS will try to beat out Apple to a new OS release, the rumors of a new iPhone in October could be true seeing how last time we only got a tweaked iPhone 4 really. I was going to bet an another November release for WP but maybe MS is aiming for September?

I reckon Windows Phone 8 could be that similar to Windows 8 that its current level of completion is similar to, if not the same as, the completion level of Windows 8. I could be very wrong :p but that would make sense to me.

I reckon Windows Phone 8 could be that similar to Windows 8 that its current level of completion is similar to, if not the same as, the completion level of Windows 8. I could be very wrong :p but that would make sense to me.

Now that you mention it, there was that other rumor that said Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 development was moving in lock step with each other. So the idea that WP8 is close to RC would be true since Win8 is also close to RC status as we already know.

If MS pulls this off we could be looking for a flood of new software at or around the same 2-3 months.

I think the best thing would be the ability to group tiles under one master tile so it's kinda like folders but not folders, heh. One of the things people bring up is that if you keep adding to the start screen that it'll get too long and you'd have to scroll a lot.

Heck, I'd be happy just with those circle things like the default for Windows 8

I agree. That, along with some other features from Windows 8 like grouping. And zooming out to see a high-level view of the groups, just like Win8.

Looking forward to more WP7 coming to Win8, and Win8 coming to WP8 :)

That concept/mocking phone looks really sleek and what I'd love to see out of a Windows Phone. Having different coloured tiles looks a lot better (in my opinion) than just one colour for all.

That concept/mocking phone looks really sleek and what I'd love to see out of a Windows Phone. Having different coloured tiles looks a lot better (in my opinion) than just one colour for all.

Also the grouping

Apparently the ability to have pictures for the tiles is coming in wp8 so that bit is real also having folders for groups of stuff in is a good idea which im sure is coming to seeing as MS is catching up with the features in iOS and android although a hell of alot faster