NewEgg Speed Build Contest Win

I don't usually post too often, but I thought I would show my victory I managed to accomplish at Pax East on Friday in Boston.

NewEgg was holding a speed build contest and was willing to give the winner a decent gaming rig if the contestant could manage to be fastest for that day. The contest was ran across two days and I managed to have the fastest speed across both days and when crossed with Blizconn @ 5:18. It was a pretty cool experience.

I'm sure I'll post pictures of the machine I won this weekend in the Workstation Thread, but the highlighted specs were:

CASE: Antec Eleven Hundred

CPU: i7 2600K

PSU: Antec HCP-750

STORAGE: 2x120GB PNY SSD in RAID 0, 1xWDC 1TB

RAM: 16GB PNY DDR3

VCARD: PNY Liquid Cooled GTX 580

MOBO: ASUS Maximus IV Extreme Z

http://youtu.be/wvERAPnToNk

Awesome! (Y)

Great job!

I wish there were any competitions like this in my area... Or maybe there are and I should just open my eyes? :|

Anyhow, enjoy your new rig!

Glassed Silver:mac

Thanks all. It was definitely fun and I'd do it again.

Awesome any plans to beat your time?

It was my first time ever doing this, but I could do it faster for sure. As you see in the video I had some issues with a few screws and there was the point where I couldn't locate my SATA Power Cable in the pile of cables... All of those added up in terms of time, so I could do it faster for sure.

congrats.. but I have to say... no post / power on test?

They didn't do a POST test, probably due to the lack of a power socket, but the rig would have posted without issue as all of the required base components were properly connected.

Awesome! (Y)

Great job!

I wish there were any competitions like this in my area... Or maybe there are and I should just open my eyes? :|

Anyhow, enjoy your new rig!

Yea I should probably find some local ones as well as I found it really fun to do. I was solidly convinced that I couldn't do it fast enough to win and even with all of my slowdowns I managed to clear it with such an impressive time. Lots of fun.

I wonder now if I'll become an advocate of SSDs :p

Good job!

to make it more fun, everyone should of had one bad major component and have to figure it out first and get it to post hehe

That's Stewie in you speaking!

I'm glad you won, but man you're not doing that particularly fast. I'm sure I've done quicker.

Congratulations though, I'm happy for you

I'm glad you won, but man you're not doing that particularly fast. I'm sure I've done quicker.

Congratulations though, I'm happy for you

That is what amazed me about it! I could easily have been faster, as I eluded to earlier, and I agree I look like I could move a bit faster physically. But I did witness a few people who moved physically faster and finished very close to my time frame (one or two a bit faster on day 2), but they got disqualified for forgetting power connectors or screws. The contest only allowed you to get it right the first time so that caused problems for many.

awesome job, nice win! Would have been cool if you had to seat the CPU and everything. Looks like pretty much everything was already seated. I wonder what my time would be. Also, I couldn't quite hear the stuff about the PSU what is the right way to put it in?

I wonder what my time would be, seemed kinda slow (no offense), to seat it, screw it in, and plug all the parts together.