Pebble watch for iOS

The funny thing is that when I saw the phrase "pebble watch for iOS", I totally thought it was a silly video game that lets you virtually watch pebble bouncing off a lake based on how you throw the rock using the built-in accelerometer. The biggest winner goes to the person actually throws the phone out the window..

Yeah, I knew what pebble watch was and its 4 million startup fund etc... and didn't know it has problem with iOS in the first place (because the promo video seems to imply that it works natively with iOS).

Something that just dawned on me after re-reading the Pebble's specs:

In addition to only supporting SMS on Androids and not on iOS, the supported email services are Gmail or any IMAP enabled service. That would be fine for my university email inbox, but a problem for my primary Live email account. (which is funny as my university email is Live@edu)

The Pebble team could code in connectors to interface with Live accounts via DeltaSync or equivalent, but I would prefer the Pebble app to piggyback off the stock mail app on their respective platforms. Probably possible for Android, but not iOS. Or we can have an app like Sparrow that can interface with the Pebble...

Something that just dawned on me after re-reading the Pebble's specs:

In addition to only supporting SMS on Androids and not on iOS, the supported email services are Gmail or any IMAP enabled service. That would be fine for my university email inbox, but a problem for my primary Live email account. (which is funny as my university email is Live@edu)

The Pebble team could code in connectors to interface with Live accounts via DeltaSync or equivalent, but I would prefer the Pebble app to piggyback off the stock mail app on their respective platforms. Probably possible for Android, but not iOS. Or we can have an app like Sparrow that can interface with the Pebble...

You can hook in your Live in as an IMAP account..so no worries there...might just have to tweak your settings.

You can hook in your Live in as an IMAP account..so no worries there...might just have to tweak your settings.

Well that's the problem. Hotmail has no IMAP support. I believe that was made clear in Neowin's interview with Hotmail team members.

I suppose the next possible solution, which would work very well, is to build in a mini Exchange ActiveSync client into the Pebble app. Then Pebble can send both email notifications and calendar reminders!

Honestly, I thought Pebble watch was some app like Golf Channel - where you could watch 24-hr golf - and it was named after U.S.' premiere course - Pebble Beach - man - I need to start paying attention more