No Fast, No Furious for Statham

No Fast, No Furious for Statham

Action star will not join Vin Diesel and the gang.

Last fall we heard that Universal was talking to Jason Statham about joining the sixth (and seventh!) installments of the Fast and the Furious series. But now, alas, word has come that the pairing will not happen.

Twitch Film, who broke that story back in October, now report that "things have been proceeding on the films since but, alas, they will be moving along without Statham. The two sides were unable to work things [out]."

459-js_1334352472.jpg

It would've been a match made in heaven

Even know i'm a big fan of the guy but he wouldn't really fit into the series. So prob best.

Even know i'm a big fan of the guy but he wouldn't really fit into the series. So prob best.

I always thought he was that kind of guy, who'd fit in the series

I always thought he was that kind of guy, who'd fit in the series

He's more Transporter -> buicks, luxury cars, beamers, etc than toyota, nissan, etc car driver.

Yeah, have to agree. As much as I am a fan of most Statham films (barring Crank 2!) I just don't think he would have fit in to the Fast and the Furious line up. I think the line up is just fine as it is.

• 2 weeks later...

NO seeing as how this film will time line after Drift its best to bring in Lucas Black whom plays Sean and was seen at the end racing up against Vin (Dom). I don't see any other way to locate this flim considering the extra scene at the end of Fast Five points to "you know who" being alive.

Shame that, I was hoping that if they continued hiring bald guys to drive fast cars I'd get my shot around Fast and Furious 18 :D