Contacts saved from phone are not synced to Live server, anyone has this is

I just discovered that some of my contacts were NEVER synced to my Live account. I found this out because my old phone is the HTC HD7, and I just got the Nokia Lumia 710 to replace it. After setting up my account on the Lumia, I found that several of my contacts are missing. I then looked up again on the HD7, and all of the missing ones on the Lumia are visible on the HD7. Even more, I checked each contacts on the HD7, and all of them have the "Windows Live" underneath their names. This indicates that these contacts are supposed to be stored in my Live account.

I then logged into the www.live.com website, and to my horror, all the MISSING contacts on the Lumia were ALSO missing on the Live server. I have been FALSELY believing that my added contacts were synced when in fact they were not. On the old HD7 phone, I then manually tried to synced the "Windows Live" account from the email+account settings. I have repeated this 3 times, but the missing contacts refused to be synced.

I have tried the following to confirm if adding a contact from the phone is a problem:

1. On the old HD7, I added a test contact, synced the Live account on the phone, but the test contact WON'T show up on the www.live.com website.

2. On the new Lumia 710, I added another test contact, synced the Live account on the phone, but the test contact WON'T show up on the website.

3. I then created another test contact (different names) from within the live website, synced both phones, and they both show the new contact.

So all this time that I have been adding contacts to my Live account from my phone, some of them were NEVER synced to the Live server. How do I get both my phones to sync new contacts to the Live account? I have been very happy with WP7, but this problem here is annoying me so much. I have a lot of important contacts that were never synced, and more importantly, I was led to believe that they were in fact synced. If I were to have lost my phone, then all of those missing contacts would have been lost as well.

What can I do to get contacts added from my phone to be synced to the Live server? Has anyone here encountered a similar issue?

Hi Kevin,

I've just checked my Live account (contacts.live.com) and they seem to have all my contacts from my LG Optiums 7, as well as the ones that were on the Sim card contacts originally.

Were the accounts that you are missing the pre- 7.5? update. It could be worth going into one of the contacts, editing it and resaving to see if it re-syncs with the updated contact information.

I got the HD7 with mango preinstalled from another user. I then did a factory reset and have been using this phone since then. Actually, 1 of 3 of the test contacts that I created was finally got synced to the Live account website. I don't know where the other two test contacts are.

It looks like making a slight edit to the missing on the contacts on the HD7, save them, and resync still doesn't work. The Live account from the website won't show these "new" contacts. It seems like adding contacts from the phone is a hit-and-miss if the contacts would get synced to the Live account. I'll give it a little more time. It seems the contacts from phone to server takes a few minutes.

EDIT: I made an edit to one of the contacts that was synced properly to the Live account, and that edit did get synced correctly. However, if I make an edit to a contact that was never synced, then that contact would still NOT get synced. It's very strange.

What can I do to get contacts added from my phone to be synced to the Live server? Has anyone here encountered a similar issue?

Well, if all else fails, you can try this:

Open Settings > email+accounts.

Just going to that page usually forces a sync (I think). You can tap-and-hold on your Windows Live account and a menu will appear. Click "sync".

Well, if all else fails, you can try this:

Open Settings > email+accounts.

Just going to that page usually forces a sync (I think). You can tap-and-hold on your Windows Live account and a menu will appear. Click "sync".

Still doesn't work with manual sync. I tried your suggestion at least 5 times already, and the missing contacts still won't sync. The 2 of 3 test contacts that I created earlier are still missing from the Live account.

I just got the Radar 4G. Having same issue, when i add a contact on the phone and sync, it does not show on my hotmail account. If i add a contact to hotmail,the sync occurs both ways, although my google contacts are still only on the phone