I hit a parked car but there was no damage...

WOW, I found actual video footage of the accident!!

Hehehe look at the brave old lady. Barely reacts when the car just about backs over her. Just stands there waving a fist or whatever.

In your case they did do damage and drove away... I didnt do any damage

then if you already have the answer set in your mind that you did nothing wrong by not leaving a note why are you asking us for our opinions?

Glue a $100 bill over the part where you hit them, then leave.

AH ok so that's why Im always finding money glued to cars. Just thought I was really lucky! ;)

I hate when people say there was no damage. With today's cars there is ALWAYS damage underneath. Someone backing into someone at 3MPH can cause over 500 in damages to the internal bumper etc..

Cars have "crumple zones". Even though there is no visible damage because the flexible bumper flexed enough to not crack; that is not to say the underlying metal isn't damaged.

Should have left a note.

Kryspy

So she took here car to a repair shop, told them "someone apparently hit my car and may have done hidden damage to it that I can't see", and surprisingly the repair shop found several hundreds dollars worth of damage... I'm sure no car mechanic would ever lie even if given such a golden opportunity to get free money ;) not saying there wasn't real damage, but...

No, there was obvious broken plastic/clips under the hood behind the front bumper which is why the cops were called. Regardless, I'm sure the offender's insurance had to pay for the damage so I doubt the repair shop could make up damage that wasn't there since an insurance adjuster has to inspect the vehicle.

• Jim K locked this topic