SBS 2011 - Backup Failing, VSS? (Screenshots Included)

Hey All,

Got abit of a weird one here, Im trying to create a backup schedule job in Windows Server Backup on SBS 2011 however i keep getting a error "The file cannot be created as it already exists", the backup job did work in the past because i tested it at my office. When i moved the server to the clients office, tested the backup and it failed because of a VSS issue, thats in the screenshots below, and ever since then i cannot re-create a schedule job.

Here are some screenshots...

NXHh0.png

VBieb.png

kF5Fo.png

UZwDy.png

P78Qa.png

I did have two identical USB Hard Drives plugged into the server at the same time because i want Windows Backup to use both of them, that way we can keep one off site and on plugged into the server, then alternate them each couple of days. Would this have caused it?

All other programs seem to be backing up OK, i have an online backup which ran last night without issue and a directory syncronizer to a network drive which ran ok to.

Any help or advice would be great, i really wouldnt know where to start here!

Cheers

x

Update - i think this might be a problem with Task Scheduler as ive tried to edit a task and it said something regarding the current scheduled task being tampered with?

• 1 month later...

Most likely a high I/O problem or disk problem. Have you checked all disks for errors (using chkdsk) and bad sectors (incl. backup medium)? Has any new software that could be I/O intensive been installed recently? Have you simply tried a reboot? What kind of backup medium are you using? Are there any other tasks being run at the same time to the destination disk?