Longmire (A&E Series)

Walt Longmire (Robert Taylor) is the dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming. Widowed only a year, he is a man in psychic repair, hiding his pain behind a dry wit and a granite poker face.

With the help of Vic (Katee Sackhoff), a female deputy new to the department, and his close friend and confidant Henry Standing Bear (Lou Diamond Phillips), Longmire sets out to rebuild his life, one step, and one mystery, at a time.

?Longmire,? a contemporary crime thriller set in Big Sky country, is based on the Walt Longmire Mystery novels by best-selling author Craig Johnson.

kateesackoffcomlongm.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
I just watched the first episode and found it quite entertaining.

Same, just finished watching it on the DVR. Wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, but was pleasantly surprised. I'm good for more, got it queued up to catch new episodes.

• 3 weeks later...
Sheriff Walt has a long, dusty, crime-solving road ahead of him, because A&E has renewed Longmire for a second season.

Our sister site Deadline reports that the network made the decision only four weeks into the Western-flavored drama?s inaugural season.

The mystery series, set in a part of Wyoming where lots of bad stuff seems to happen, stars Robert Taylor as the titular character and Battlestar Galactica grad Katee Sackhoff as his deputy, Vic. Smallville alum Cassidy Freeman plays Longmire?s daughter.

A&E apparently likes the numbers Longmire is racking up: Its premiere grabbed 4.1 million total viewers and was the channel?s most-watched scripted series debut ever.

Longmire airs Sundays at 10/9c, and its Season 1 finale is scheduled for August 5.

http://tvline.com/2012/06/29/longmire-renewed-season-2/

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...