Imac G4

Does anyone know if my Mac will read dual-layer DVDs????

I know my 2003 eMac did.

EDIT I just remembered that I upgraded its original Combo drive to a Pioneer DVD burner and had to upgrade its firmware several times through Terminal.

May I suggest buying an entry level Mac mini? is what I did and while yeah it's not a blazing computer, but for coding and messing around with it's perfect and will be a hell of alot better then an iMac G4 (going by what everyone else is saying). As for getting into the guts of it, well you can't really tinker with a Mac anyway and unless you get your hands on a Mac Pro not much you can upgrade either. Mac mini is your best bet I think, I love my little late '09 Mac mini and don't regret buying it at all. Worth every cent and is a great way to expose yourself to OSX and Macs in general in my humble opinion.

EDIT: I see you already got the G4 :p oh well, guess I'm a little late to the party :laugh: enjoy your new Mac!

Ya, My copy of leopard i think died. So as long as i own a copy i can burn another to a Cd right???? If not plz tell me!

I am starting to get mad. It is still not hear. :/

Wow chill dude, you are getting mad because it's not been delivered, what, 3 or 4 days after? What terms were stated for the shipping?

While you are waiting, go check your spelling.

It said between May 4 - May 8. And yes i know i can not spell i already understand this. You are the only one who as said any thing about it. :pinch:

Nope, Thats what i would have thought they would do. I even email them and they never replied. :/

Nope, Thats what i would have thought they would do. I even email them and they never replied. :/

Thats what i thought, If you whant good feed back you mite whant to comunicate with the buyer.

:|

Sounds fishy...

Glassed Silver:mac

I know that is what i am trying to say! :wacko:

Ebay right? My guess, they calculated the postage wrong, got to the shippers and then decided to send it the slowest way possible to not lose money. It happens, some times. I just bite the bullet and pay up if something heavy or oddly shaped ends up costing more to ship than I planned on, but I've definitely gotten things that were listed as going "First Class" shipped cheapest-option ground.

Granted, they should still have a tracking number, or at least write back.

Ebay right? My guess, they calculated the postage wrong, got to the shippers and then decided to send it the slowest way possible to not lose money. It happens, some times. I just bite the bullet and pay up if something heavy or oddly shaped ends up costing more to ship than I planned on, but I've definitely gotten things that were listed as going "First Class" shipped cheapest-option ground.

Granted, they should still have a tracking number, or at least write back.

This.

If I make a mistake, client comes first and I bite the bullet.

Not everyone acts like that, which is sad, but it's bearable if you're not choleric haha :laugh:

I finally got a reply. They said that there tracking manager was on vacation. They also said if I don't get it in the next few days to email them again and they will figure it out!

I finally got a reply. They said that there tracking manager was on vacation. They also said if I don't get it in the next few days to email them again and they will figure it out!

Dude, they reply and still don't give you the flipping tracking number?

Prepare to contact Buyer Protection... (well, but here's hoping that everything turns out good! Maybe they just forgot to add it to their email or something :p)

They said the person who handles that stuff was on vacation and they didn't know where it was at. Well today is the last day for it to arrive. So if it is not hear by tonight I will have to contact buyer protection.

Update: Still no word from my mom if it is there or not. This is really going to stink. :/

Update: Well i got a call last night from a person from the company i am buying throughton ebay. He said that they where haveing problems with the company they ship stuff throught. They said if i dont get it by today it would be reterned to them. If i still whanted the computer the could do exbidited shiping to me or give me my money back. I still want the computer. :/

P.S. I know i am not a good speller feal free to leave corrections. :)

want - not whant. through - not threw.

Anyway, I think they're trying to con you, if they manage to stall for too long, I think you might lose the chance to claim your money back. I'm pretty sure you have to do it within a certain amount of time, so put in a claim.

• Like 1

I think i will give them the beifit of the dout but i am ready to contact buyer protection just in case. :shifty:

I think i will give them the beifit of the dout but i am ready to contact buyer protection just in case. :shifty:

That's what I would do, too.

Note: BP doesn't have to be started when you gave up on the seller. :)

Can do it before.

Date of claim is important.

In Germany at least it's at least a month or so...

Well hears what happen. He called me last night before i when into work. He said they where haveing problems with there ship and he was sorry i did not get the computer. He said he would give me a refund. He did give me the refund. So i was looking on ebay last niight after work and found a nice deal on a eMac. 1.25Ghz and 1 gb of ram. $95 .So i ordered that. It said it would be hear on or before wensday. So lets hope this one ships ok. :)

• Like 1

Can't say ?73,50 for a 2004 eMac is a "nice deal" at all. I bought a second hand 2005 eMac (1,42 GHz G4, 1 GB memory and Core Animation supporting GPU) for my mom back in 2009 for ?75. I've seen the 2004 models go out for no more than ?40.

Its the best deal i could find on eBay. I just hope this one doesn't get lost. :(