Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Let me guess, her boyfriend is one of the bad guys.

Regarding that matter... this book portrays very well what happens with the relationships. It was not exactly predictable and particularly speaking, I liked this part about it. the books are ok, it's just one event, one very predictable event made for you to feel sad, which broke all logic in the story. Honestly speaking, it was quite non fitting.

• 2 weeks later...

What I particularly liked, is that a character like Johanna didn't have stereotypical hatred & jealousy towards the main character. Alot of people thought she was a slutty Valley girl-type, but she handled herself well. The writers did a good job showing women treating each other with respect, especially when they deserve it.

Surprising no one here is talking about this movie. It's AMAZING!!!

I loved it.. 10x better than first one for me.  The characters really got developed, the story was finally brought to some sort of suspense and i had a blast seeing it at the theater.  Did the double feature early release and during the last 5 minutes of the movie the theater was struck by lightning and project bulb blew out..  was so suspenseful at that part too we thought it was a camera fade out for a second and it was funny there was only a couple of minutes left when they got it fixed and then we were left wanting for more..  which is a great thing.

Saw it on Friday - Here is my quick review

To start off, I do not read the books.  That being said, I really enjoyed Catching Fire.  I love the casting for this movie, Haymitch, Snow, Effie, Cinna and Caesar are so perfect in their roles.  I was a bit worried that half of the movie takes place before the actual Hunger Games start but it was well paced and didnt take away from the movie.  I loved the new "players" but felt that they missed out on some character development with the "careers" as they seemed overlooked.  I think this one was just slightly better that the first.  Favorite scene was the conversation between Katniss and President Snow in her house.

4.5/5 (ending was a bit abrupt for my liking)

Surprising no one here is talking about this movie. It's AMAZING!!!

That seems to be a theme. I saw it on the 21st and the room was virtually deserted!

The film was incredible, for me it was as if they took how I imagined it and put it on the big screen.

It was the little things like

Finnick's eyes evaluating Katniss when Peeta dies

that made it