Left 4 Dead 2 Upcoming Update

On April 20th, the guys over at Valve posted this minor update to the L4D blog stating that an update was coming with the final Cold Stream map. I'm a huge fan of the L4D franchise, but it seems that it is being left out of Valve's routine updates. No doubt they're working on a ton of stuff for only 300 employees, but I guess I made the assumption that Valve would be releasing more DLC like they do with TF2.

Cold Stream has been in beta for a year or more (I believe) and it isn't even their map, it is a community map that they're refining. The last official map/campaign was released in Oct 2010 if I'm not mistaken.

I hate complaining about this, but I guess I just expected a little more.

If Valve were to update L4D2, what would you like to see added, changed, etc.?

I'd like to see some new weapons. They've got a chainsaw, I'd like to see a flamethrower in the same sense. I think the chainsaw is a bit underpowered. The chainsaw's fuel just doesn't last very long. A better rocket launcher, maybe more like a bazooka. And a better AI, that can change map elements (especially weather elements), levels and components so each play through is totally different.

The Mod community is keeping L4D2 alive, if it wasn't for them i would have stoped playing a long time ago. 10 vs 10 games are crazy fun.

I agree with Doli; if it weren't for the mod community, this game would've been dead by now. Personally, I don't play it often because the gameplay is too frantic. I like little to no ammo, slow (but massive) hordes of zombies and zombies alone. The goofy other "monsters" make it kind of a joke or "kiddie game" to me. I want survival to be nearly hopeless (little food/water, fighting amongst other survivors for dominance, robbing abandoned stores for supplies, etc) so winning actually means something. Also, the companions are so annoying that I usually ignore them when they're in trouble and explore on my own.

I agree with Doli; if it weren't for the mod community, this game would've been dead by now. Personally, I don't play it often because the gameplay is too frantic. I like little to no ammo, slow (but massive) hordes of zombies and zombies alone. The goofy other "monsters" make it kind of a joke or "kiddie game" to me. I want survival to be nearly hopeless (little food/water, fighting amongst other survivors for dominance, robbing abandoned stores for supplies, etc) so winning actually means something. Also, the companions are so annoying that I usually ignore them when they're in trouble and explore on my own.

That's exactly what I've been doing. I used SourceMod to turn all the other specials off, except for witches and tanks, and I have a ton of zombie hordes.

Valve has never given this series proper attention. I love l4d2, its my most played game (almost 900 hours), but its sad to see the lack of content/patches (really, all we've gotten was one super short campaign, a few old maps, and one pretty "meh" community map?) there's also frequent connection/server issues where the master server and/or steam friends goes down so no one can find games, and the official servers are garbage because they often give everyone high ping/lag for no reason, even when we are close to the server.

/rant

Details, please!

Yeah, what this guy said.

And it is just now getting it's final version? Damn I remember playing a very early beta version of that map and climbing a giant rope ladder to a helicopter that didn't leave till the tank knocked me off lol.