wip | case

Question

24 answers to this question

well, maybe a camera would do this, im no expert but its has a round ring around the glasses case which is in focus and the rest isnt... but maybe a camera would do that? other then that it looks awesome :D and looks real

Look like a pill.

have you ever seen a glasses case?

anyways, this look bitchin.. the texture on the case is great and you certainly nailed it.. the wood looks awesome, and i love the blurring effects you added to the whole scene..

god job man (Y) whats it for? and what did you do it in?

it's for a school project, industrial design + advert design (this is a part for the ad)

i made it in cinema 4d R8

added depth of field in phtoshop

wow you got skill..

im saving this to show one of my friends that uses Cinema4D.. it was all done and rendered in it, right? the textures and all?

:happy:

Hey sybold, it's looking good mate.

The scene looks a little dark which is making the light look a little unnatural. I'd tweak the lighting a little and step up the brightness a little or add a couple more lights with a low multiplier. Keep a main one for casting shadows. The reflection is looking great, i just don't know about the text across the case. It looks a little too high up from the case and the shadows that the text is casting darken it out a little. I see you've got the DOF working. I think it's a little too blurry at the base of the image. Leave the blurs to the back of the image in the distance. At the moment, it kind of looks like you're giving it a dreamy feel to it.

Hey sybold, it's looking good mate.

The scene looks a little dark which is making the light look a little unnatural. I'd tweak the lighting a little and step up the brightness a little or add a couple more lights with a low multiplier. Keep a main one for casting shadows. The reflection is looking great, i just don't know about the text across the case. It looks a little too high up from the case and the shadows that the text is casting darken it out a little. I see you've got the DOF working. I think it's a little too blurry at the base of the image. Leave the blurs to the back of the image in the distance. At the moment, it kind of looks like you're giving it a dreamy feel to it.

thnx m8

will use the points you said

the DOP seems to go from clear to fuzzy too fast (see the left side of case)

perhaps blending it just a tad bit more

thats major nitpicking tho...very nice work :woot:

I am assuming the top is real, well if it isn't then MY GOD.

The bottom one has some blur issues that shout fake to me but if I was just browsing and found the pic and just looked at it for a few seconds I would just assume the camera was out of focus.

That... isn't... real...?

OMG, you're awesome...! I think it looks very cool (and I know it since I have glasses - Emporio Armani if you're really curious - )

Anyways do you have some experience in 3DSmax? you could help me a bit if you got some time left :p

Lol... C4D dind't work here well... and rendering took me ages (w00t... go 126mb ram!!)

3DSmax runs better here...

thanks for your reply though and keep up the great work ^__^ (fellow-dutchie :D)