DayZ for Arma II

played a couple hours, died once in the beginning, accidentally shot a zombie in a town.

and just logged off after dying at the airfield, person shot me, and i had some good stuff to. Crossbow with alot of bolts, compass, watch, binoculars.

in the begining i got lost, ended up along the edge, but found a road sign and went to an online map (edit- found a better map http://avidblur.com/arma2/ ) to find out where i was. i was right outside Pustoska, so headed north ( thanks to compass ) to the airfield..... got shot while leaving a hangar

pics are everything max 1920x1080

post-36462-0-31415000-1337497282_thumb.j

post-36462-0-54098500-1337497286_thumb.j

Have you set your 3D level to same as your resolution? as the screenshots look a bit blurry and having them different can be the cause.

I've been getting bugs the last few times, logging back in to a save that is hours old and last night spawning to an old save in a totally different area. Still not too bothered as it is an alpha.

Did have some kn*bs on one server say i wasn't friendly and that i killed their friend :laugh:

I didn't, i very rarely have any ammo or decent guns to shoot anything let alone another survivor.

I think i will go exploring today and try and find some decent gear. I have a map and know where i am at the moment, so i might head to the airfield, although i hear that is a bandit area.

Have you set your 3D level to same as your resolution? as the screenshots look a bit blurry and having them different can be the cause.

Yes it's the same

This looks so awesome I wish I had a build to run it. Got me really thinking about working a lot of overtime this year to build me a PC.

How does Amazon digital download work? You simply buy it and download the installer or what?

was ingame today digging around options, and aparently it switched from 1920x1080 to about half that, switched ti back, got alot better, no idea how it changed

When you set the default graphic options it will reset it. Even at very high it will still set the 3D level lower than the resolution.

@soLoredd, i think so. Although i've read on the dayz forums it requires a bit more work to get working by making sure it is patched. Sure it is no more difficult than installing the mod which people somehow struggle with.

1.5.8 is going to make it even more fun with the survivor to bandit transformation being removed. Instead you will be able to find skins (clothes) in the world that you wear instead which will change the look of your character. So i still think you'll get the people who are proud to be a bandit having their own skin which will be unwritten that it is a bandit skin. As some bandits do announce they are one.

Our nemesis will be able to kill us a lot easier with 1.5.8 :laugh:

I agree when you get killed by a bandit it is annoying but it is part of the game and still enjoyable because bandits may have all the gear but they can still die just as easy as you. Due to the size of the map, tactics can really work out. Like the bandit i saw yesterday and announced i saw him, he panicked and ran off (maybe). Even though i saw him miles away and i didn't have a sniper rifle to shoot him. I bluffed and it worked.

I seen a but changelog for 1.5.8 on the forums that is supposedly 100% confirmed and that is the inventory/gear menu will now have a right function for items. Which might make things easier. The gear menu is the most confusing thing in the game. Still it is alpha and i hope these are the main things he is working on as the "waiting for server response" is becoming less frequent.

I think this afternoon i'm going to get off that roof and get out of elektro. We were sitting ducks up there.

The current changelog

(Today 02:46 AM)rocket Wrote: Yet another update Changelog:

* [NEW] Server cleanup system replaced with a more agressive one

* [NEW] Inventory Interaction system (right-click on items in gear screen to bring up interactions)

* [NEW] Temperature System now implemented (effects are limited)

* [NEW] Water can be filled in ponds, all water pumps, wells, but not the sea

* [NEW] Forced disconnection saving for abort and alt+F4

* [NEW] Zombie's will investigate player deaths

* [NEW] Adrenaline rush from panicing causes greately increased hunger for a while

* [NEW] PROTIP: Use Global Chat/VOIP in populated areas

* [FIXED] Helicopter loot despawning too fast

* [FIXED] Climbing a ladder with a pistol will cause you to fall

* [FIXED] Zombies not attracted to Flares and Chemlights

* [FIXED] Panic noises going ape**** all the time

Bandits will stay till Thursday.

Looks like Bandits will be gone in 1.5.9 instead. The "PROTIP" sounds like if you use globalchat or voip ingame it will attract zombies. Glad the ladders bug will be fixed. The amount of times i've broken my legs trying to get up a ladder.

I'm just about to load it up and play this afternoon. Hopefully be able to get some decent gear and meet up again!

As the for the NEW/FIXED list, its looking good!

i made simple installers (since 1.5.5), they w/o any warranty

quick job in NSIS (nullsoft installer) and nowhere perfect state

offline (1.5.8.2)

(complete file download, just installs and drop 2 shortcut on your desktop, one for OA 1.60 engine and one for OA 1.61 beta engine)

http://cdn.armafiles.info/installer/dwarden-simpler-installers/DayZ-1582-full-with-shortcuts.exe

CRC32: 0F96DE9D

MD5: F5E9A583DB853E7B10321F0636367D49

SHA-1: 35C8FC0197987D5821778E834B5D98A83BDB44D2

online (atm. 1.5.8.2)

(small file, all files downloaded from dayz site, just installs and drop 2 shortcut on your desktop, one for OA 1.60 engine and one for OA 1.61 beta engine)

http://cdn.armafiles.info/installer/dwarden-simpler-installers/DayZ-online-with-shortcuts.exe

CRC32: 382BB6C3

MD5: B9E0BB35F87AE91C297ADEE195357CC0

SHA-1: DD761DE6CAF190301CA9C38F1CB93585BCBFD3C6

these are nowhere near official or perfect, just raw...

if anyone want share NSIS masterskills or wisdom with me

feel free to do so e.g. at

irc.gamesurge.net channel #DayZ

irc://irc.gamesurge.net/DayZ

WARNING:

1. You should RUN STEAM via "run as administator"

2. and start ARMA 2 once , then exit

3. then start ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead via the desktop shortcuts from installers

Note: installers support any distribution not just STEAM

Looks like Bandits will be gone in 1.5.9 instead. The "PROTIP" sounds like if you use globalchat or voip ingame it will attract zombies. Glad the ladders bug will be fixed. The amount of times i've broken my legs trying to get up a ladder.

Protip (fun term? lame?) You could climb ladders just fine before this patch, you just had to tap crouch or prone when you hit the top of a ladder (with a pistol of course, full sized weps were always fine) to not fall down. 1.5.8 looks pretty good so far, haven't caught a cold yet but I imagine its only a short time before that happens as I don't have matches and im way out in the woods. Glad they reduced the respawn rate for zombs, you can actually shoot now if you want, :D (Stealth is still the best way to go of course)

I heard all these things to get up a ladder but still, in the heat of the moment you have to remember to hit prone or crouch at the top. Still glad to see it was possible. I usually just climbed up and kept pushing forward and pray. Still it is fixed now (hopefully), so i won't have to worry about it :laugh:

I'll give 1.5.8 a try this afternoon. I'm glad the respawn rate has dropped also. I died after about 4 hours of exploring because a town suddenly become flooded with zeds and one saw me and chased me, i tried to be as quiet as possible and lead it away before i killed it. Didn't work. Still enjoying the game though.

Preferred 1.5.6 level of zombies. There are too many and they are too fast, if they are going to have Usain Bolt zombies that will chase you indefinitely they need to add melee weapons.

If they keep this level of zombies I won't be playing at all in the future, I have barely played 1.5.7 let alone 1.5.8.x

I agree with the speed of them. I could handle the speed if they were more predictable and don't run through walls or run in zig zags, the only time you can really shoot them is either get them in a house, or get them as they stop in front of you.

As it is alpha i hope he listens to player feedback and adjusts it. I know it is supposed to be hardcore and "realistic" but i've never seen a zombie movie where they accelerate 0-62 instantly.

Also i would like it if they gave up chasing you. You get about 5+ zombies chase you and you don't have decent weapons, you're stuffed really.

This does sound excellent and the few video's I've seen look like fun but I think i'll wait a bit for some more bugs to be ironed out and a bit more refinement to be added!

oh man I hate I missed the giveaway!!! I wanted to play this game to see what its all about!!!

I read it was changed also where if you use Global VOIP, you will aggro every Zombie in the vicinity. Lol

Well to say this game is addictive is an understatement. Yesterday I had the best days play on this game since I started playing it.

I spawned in the bottom left of the map, east of Kamenka. I thought I'd head to the town to see if I could find any houses to loot, as it was a small town so there would be no main buildings like a Fire Station or Hospital.

As I approach the town I can see that it is full of Zeds, swarms of them just lingering around and wondering about. So I can see there is a house near me that is accessible so I enter and find a few tins of a food, a watch & a new back pack (Alice). So I take these options and put in the chat to see if anyone is near by and wants to head out. I get two responses who claim to be near by and we arrange to meet outside of town on the north road.

After navigating through the swams of Zeds with a mixture of crouching and crawling I get out of town and on to the road. I'm the first one out of town and I wait for the other two to join me.

A guy called Chemical asks where I am in chat and I tell him to follow the road out of town with the telephone lines to his left, after a couple of minutes he comes up on my screen and he sprints to me. Its another 5 minutes until Crispy Lemon is seen in the distance heading towards us, however we are abit suspicious as he is 'tagged' as a Bandit, not a Survivor. As he approaches we take caution and he explains that in a previous life he had killed someone who had been shooting at him and the Bandit tag has stuck with him ever since, even with new characters.

So we have a group of 3, ready to head on to the next town to see what he can loot and what we can do. We heard north to Pavlovo and we stick to the edge of the road, we encounter no Zeds on the way and we ran for a good 5 - 10 minutes until we arrived.

Pavlovo is a small town that has a convenience store and a church, unfortunately the church isn't accessible. We trail through a few houses, find a few minor loot items like food and cans of soda, we then move on to the convenience store and we find some ammo, the others pick up a Shotgun each and again we stock up. As we leave the convenience store, the server spawns some Zeds in town, so we now have to be extra careful and crawl to a near by house. We enter the house and a Zed spots us, this attracts a few more and we are now in a battle to shoot these Zeds and escape as soon as we can. After a couple of a minutes, the Zeds stop coming and we race out of town, again heading north to the next town.

We have a fairly long trek bewteen Pavlovo and Zelenogorsk (which is a bigger town, much bigger). On the way we stop by a Gas Station, find a few more essentials as well as a wire fencing kit.

We arrive at Zelenogorsk and theres no surprise when I tell you that there we plenty of Zeds about. As we have a lot of ground to cover in this town, we head our individual ways to loot. Chemical heads east to a barn and a few house, as Crispy Lemon goes west and investigates. As for me I head straight to the Convenience store and it's a gold mine. Plenty of Ammo, I pick myself up a nice CZ Sniper Rifle, some bandages, as well as the usual food & drink supplies. We arrange to meet at the Church, I keep they guys waiting as I fill my inventory and backpack with everything possible. Once we meet up we decided to head down to what looks like a factory to see what we can source. We manouver past the Zeds and find a gap in a brick wall to crawl under, the place is pretty empty apart from a Jerry Can and a Car Wheel. It's not plain sailing here though, as a Zed creeps up on Chemical and knocks him out cold, luckily Crispy Lemon was able to shoot the Zombie, drag Chemical's body away and revive him! It was a close call!

As we head out of the Factory compound a Zed bumps in to Chemical and we are in trouble, BIG trouble as it's not only a couple Zeds here there are at least 10-15. So we run to find some space & start to take out the Zeds, it;s ok for them two, they have their shotguns, I only have my Pistol as the CZ is useless in this sort of fight. It takes a good 5 minutes to dispose of the Zeds around us and we escape with only a few battle wounds, luckily no one was seriously injured at this point.

We continue to head north and towards the next town which is Sosnovka, it's a no go zone, it's swamped with Zeds and it's not very big, so we head to two barns on the outskirts, the 1st one has nothing in but the second has a cross bow and a shotgun. We leave the cross bow and I swap my CZ for the Shotgun so I can be of use in a fight with some Zeds.

We decide to head to the Airfield but on the way we stop by Vybor, we stock up on Ammo and supplies from the Convenience store.

I would like to point out at this time, the 3 of us are constantly using the Chat and everyone is asking to join us as they have been seeing how far we have been progressing and actually making a go at doing something. Unfortunately, the people who want to get invovled are miles away. Lingwo is in the server however he was having problems with getting his bearings!

So we are now stacked with ammo as well as food/drink, so we head out of town towards the Airfield, on our way out of Vybor, it gets messy. We get spotted by a Zed which attracts 15-20 of them. We separate as we run, all I can hear is gun fire whilst I run. I look at the chat and I see 'Chemical was Killed'. As I turn around to kill a couple of Zeds, I can see Crispy is doing the same. Chemical starts telling us on chat to loot his body as he had loads, and he was gutted he couldn't kill the zeds that were chasing him! Me & Crispy manage to kill the remaining zeds in the area, we find Chemical's body surround by dead Zeds. We pick up what we can, bandage ourselves up and get the hell out of there quickly. Both of us have lost a lot of blood, I'm down to about 6500 blood count and it gets worse. We get spotted again by Zeds as he head out of town, this time I'm knocked unconscious, I can't do anything and Zeds are closing in, Crispy is doing his best to fight them off. I'm down to 2500 blood count now and Crispy manages to get rid of the Zeds around us. I'm in a bad way, my vision is blurred and everything is grey. I take some pain killers and bandage myself up. I have some food in my pack but due to a bug, I can't get it in my inventory. I'm going in and out of consciousness, trying to get food, it's not working so Crispy Lemon takes it out of my pack and drops it in front of me. I eat everything that I have and get back to about 4500, sight is still slightly blurred and grey.

It's so hard to see Zeds when in this state so I stick close to Crispy Lemon and trust his judgement of where we are going and to stay well clear of the Zeds.

We cross several fields and come across a barn, Im desperate for blood and food! That's all we are looking for as we are both very low on blood at the moment. Unfortunately the barn has nothing in it and we are on the outskirts of the Airfield now, it's our only hope of getting blood and food so we head in. Crispy Lemon puts in the chat "Shoot anyone on site in the Airfield, it's flu of bandits."

We crawl in to a building and manage to get some food, as we crawl out, Zeds spawn and we have to resort to a long crawl session. As we crawl out in to the Airfield, Crispy Lemons connect drops and I am left on my own. I continue to crawl along and try to find some food & blood.

After 5 minutes, he rejoins and curses his internet connection for dropping. WE pass a big building that we cannot enter and a Zed spawns behind me, he spots me and knocks me unconscious, Crispy Lemon is unaware and I can't grab his attention. I'm losing blood quickly, the next thing I hear is a gun shot and I see Crispy Lemon fall to the floor and see it pop up 'A Crispy Lemon was Killed.' In shock at what just happened and what is going on, I regain consciousness & get up, next thing I know I am shot and dead too.

As I type in the chat asking who shot at us, a player called 'DAVE' informs us that he saw via the chat where we were and we had announced that we would shoot on site in the airfield. He saw us first and shot us first.

I exit and see that my Steam time counter informs me that my current session was at 324 minutes.

I called it a day after that.

oh man I hate I missed the giveaway!!! I wanted to play this game to see what its all about!!!

Same here, really wanted to check this out.

More important, Happy Birthday my man!

thank ya

Same here, really wanted to check this out.

More important, Happy Birthday my man!

Thank ya so much my friend.. I am getting old, but still love my games :)

I found the airfield in the end!

If there was a tracking line to see how i got there, i probably looped the island twice. I was out of the actual map a few times, i found it in the end in the pitch black. Died shortly after, i went to snipe a zed but instead threw a flare at it.. About 6 hours after i initially said "i know where i am".

Now i am just a man and his beans.

So does anyone who play this want to start a group to go on servers. I am finding it more difficult nowadays to trust anyone on there as i've mentioned before i'm being killed by survivors more than bandits. So much so i am now pretty much shooting on site if i think they are acting suspicious. Plus the fact you can't coordinate any kind of group in the chat as everyone sees it and hitting some of the larger towns (not cherno, elektro) are becoming a pain on your own because you have to sneak. If we had a group, we could just clear it out instead.

With the loss of bandit skins on thursday too, i think it will become even more difficult to trust someone.

So i'm thinking perhaps a little group here and we all use something like TS/Mumble to communicate. All the Youtube videos of people in vehicles and being generally successful are users in groups and chatting over voice. I think it could be quite fun.