Tony Online (AOL CLONE)

Question

Version 0.1 Alpha I would like to thank the following members for their help with the coding :

James Rose

neufuse

You received credits in the about menu.

http://togermano.com/temp/Tony%20Online.exe

This is alpha and its very ugly.... But its a starting point... To get the browser portion to work type in the address hit + button first so it opens up a new web browser in that window. If you want to change the url later hit the go button and will change the URL in the opened window.

The news and games button work but I may change the links and use my own website sooner or later.

Some problems :

Internet Explorer Control I am using does not let javascripts to run..... How do I get one that does let them run?

In the future I would to use the Firefox rendering instead

Any suggestions? Or improvements let me know!

AOL was a lot more than just a browser. It was more of a BBS than that. You logged into AOL, then you had forums, news, chat, downloads, and if you wanted to actually surf the internet, you could open a browser and do so.

Most thing are done in the browser in the newer versions your right about the older ones being like that

I've got you beat, I learned on BASIC using a TI-99 4/A, to actually program you had to use a cartridge, then save to a cassette tape or 5 1/4. but thats off topic.

Well that makes two of us, learned BASIC first on the TI-99 4/A then went on to Extended basic... had the whole expansion unit with the disk drive and everything... had a FORTRAN and Pascal cartridge too... oh those where the days writing programs as a 5yr old....

making graphics, in 8x8 char bit maps with two colors at a time... oh the fun times.... then moved on to programming on the Apple ][... then jumped right to C at age 6 *lol*.. oh the old days...

the school psychologists thought this was a "major issue" that I could do such advanced stuff at such a young age... but it was just because my dad showed me very young on systems at the time.... we had a IBM PCjr also... that was fun working with gwbasic and was doing electronic circuit design by age 7... ah the old days

Well that makes two of us, learned BASIC first on the TI-99 4/A then went on to Extended basic... had the whole expansion unit with the disk drive and everything... had a FORTRAN and Pascal cartridge too... oh those where the days writing programs as a 5yr old....

making graphics, in 8x8 char bit maps with two colors at a time... oh the fun times.... then moved on to programming on the Apple ][... then jumped right to C at age 6 *lol*.. oh the old days...

the school psychologists thought this was a "major issue" that I could do such advanced stuff at such a young age... but it was just because my dad showed me very young on systems at the time.... we had a IBM PCjr also... that was fun working with gwbasic and was doing electronic circuit design by age 7... ah the old days

I wish I could learn how to do that... I recently looked into learning how to program the NES nintendo

I wish I could learn how to do that... I recently looked into learning how to program the NES nintendo

You'd be better off now days starting on C# or OjectiveC or something like that now days going back to learn an an antiquated language isn't real useful besides hobbying...

There is no problems with it .... He just didnt read the directions I posted about clicking + button first

The fact you have this ridiculous necessity is simply trying to hide a bug. And no, good UI design doesn't try to avoid the mouse, good UI design is accessibly via whatever common means exist.

Togerland, do not listen to the haters in this thread. You are the man for doing this.

I hope you had great fun making this program, I enjoyed the screenshots.

PS: Stay tuned for the Tony Online clone