Chelsea FC wins the Champions League final on penalties

What a game that turned out to be! Bayern should be kicking themselves for missing a few opportunities during the original 90 minutes.

Sucks that they didn't let Di Mateo lift the cup 1st, and also sucks that Terry was one of the 1st ones to lift it.

Sucks that they didn't let Di Mateo lift the cup 1st, and also sucks that Terry was one of the 1st ones to lift it.

Agree. Wanted to see Cech in there, he gets forgotten far too much.

By the way - don't expect the English team to win against the German team at the Euro 2012. Not going to happen...

I was a complete neutral going into this but found myself cheering like mad for Chelsea at the end, fair play to them.

I'm not a big footy fan (Rugby League is my fave), and I follow Liverpool. I was in 2 minds about this final.

1. Do I want Chelsea to win because they are an English team.

2. Do I want Chelsea to lose because it's Chelsea.

It is probably the 1st game I have watched(by choice) in full for a couple of years now. Excellent game, but Bayern should have won it in normal time.

And how annoying is Adrian Childs, calling Petr Cech - Peter.

well deserved, the chelsea did so many epic things during the tournament against teams like napoli, barcelona and now bayern, just when no one give a thing for that team...

Well drogba, cech and di matteo heroes.....

Great game for a Neutral. I'm english so obviously i wanted Chelsea to win but still a neutral.

The way the game went on, it went more and more in favour of Chelsea but when it got to penalties it is a clean slate.

Bayen should have won it in normal time with the chances they had but because they didn't capitalize on it. They didn't deserve to win in the end.

Watched it and couldn't believe the chances Bayern wasted, but being English I certainly was rooting for Chelsea and I'm glad they won it.

Well Chelsea have finally spent their way to a European trophy. Even as an Englishman I wanted Bayern to win which amuses even me. I don't take a great deal of interest in the premier league any more, but seeing Man United and Chelsea lose always puts a smile on my face. Still, Bayern only have themselves to blame for not making their domination pay off.

Well Chelsea have finally spent their way to a European trophy.

It's funny how people always say "Chelsea spent so much money", then when you look at the budgets of Manchester United or Arsenal or how much they're spending you suddenly realize "Fsck me, they're dishing out just as much money as they are."

Sounds like you're a sore loser - let me guess, you're a Neverpool fan? *tsk*.

It's funny how people always say "Chelsea spent so much money", then when you look at the budgets of Manchester United or Arsenal or how much they're spending you suddenly realize "Fsck me, they're dishing out just as much money as they are."

Sounds like you're a sore loser - let me guess, you're a Neverpool fan? *tsk*.

Arsenal operate on a profit and spend very little money, United... Well they still spend less than Chelsea and Manchester city, and I can respect them because their success was actually earned. Chelsea just went from a team of nothings to a team with an unlimited warchest out of nowhere. With their budget it would almost be an insult not to win anything. Yeah, you can bet I have a problem with it. I don't particularly *like* Man United but I respect them because I feel they earned their success. I have no respect for Chelsea because they didn't earn theirs.

Arsenal operate on a profit and spend very little money, United... Well they still spend less than Chelsea and Manchester city, and I can respect them because their success was actually earned. Chelsea just went from a team of nothings to a team with an unlimited warchest out of nowhere. With their budget it would almost be an insult not to win anything. Yeah, you can bet I have a problem with it. I don't particularly *like* Man United but I respect them because I feel they earned their success. I have no respect for Chelsea because they didn't earn theirs.

You actually are wrong, on the last day of the season when United ran out against their opposition and City did the same, the combined total for the United's team was in the region of 163 Million Pounds and City's was about 161 Million Pounds, I don't think Chelsea's total was even close to those two teams! That said, why have United "earned" their "success" and not Chelsea?? What nonsense!

For as much praise as Robben gets, he sure sucked it up. Almost to the extent that he was the sole reason Bayern lost.

I lost all respect for the guy after all the dives he pulled in the World Cup. I was rooting for Bayern, just not him.

Congratulations to Chelsea FC. And thank you for beating Bayern M?nchen.

You dont like bayern?

I was quite disappointed when they lost. obviously a better team and they put so much effort into this but alas luck wasnt on their side. Should have taken more risk.

As a Chelsea fan, I'm ecstatic :)

We had a group of us watching, beering it up, when we won, the roof was blown off our house!

You actually are wrong, on the last day of the season when United ran out against their opposition and City did the same, the combined total for the United's team was in the region of 163 Million Pounds and City's was about 161 Million Pounds, I don't think Chelsea's total was even close to those two teams! That said, why have United "earned" their "success" and not Chelsea?? What nonsense!

United brought players through their youth academy, they marketed their team well overseas, and a lot of hard football was played. Chelsea did none of that, they were nothing, a small club. A Russian billionaire comes along, gives them unlimited funding and all of a sudden they start winning.

And besides, you have to look at the spending of teams as an overall, not just what players are on the pitch or on the day. I'd wager that if you ignore player wages (which I do, all big teams pay high wages these days) that Chelsea have spent about the same in the past 8 years to achieve their success as united have in their entire history, I'd also wager that far less of Chelsea and City's expenditure on new players was funded by the sale of other players.