Fringe (Season 5)

Well the show did end kind of satisfactorily, even though it ain't quite a memorable one. Unlike Lost where they focussed so much on the "character" of the island that we ceased to care who Kate ended up with or even who survived and who died, here the dynamics amongst the Bishop family and Astrid (and Broyles and Nina) was always centrestage. Even when the show jump plot devices (first it was about the pattern and that terrorist faction that used Walter's books, then when the alt universe came the previous plot devce was conveniently forgotten, then when the observers came alt universe was forgotten. Well they were mentioned here and there, but I believe the shout-outs were put in just so they could say it was planned all along, rather than serving any other purpose). So when they ended with a resolution to just those characters (while leaving most other things unresolved), it does not in any way rouse dissatisfaction in me.

I thought he was mute because they stopped his development etc. Either way I don't think everyone will be mute as well in the future.

I thought he was mute because they stopped his development etc. Either way I don't think everyone will be mute as well in the future.

Regardless. Sending Michael to 2167 wasn't to let Davros create more exactly like him, it was to show Davros that you could have both emotions and higher intelligence, not just higher intelligence.

Regardless. Sending Michael to 2167 wasn't to let Davros create more exactly like him, it was to show Davros that you could have both emotions and higher intelligence, not just higher intelligence.

I'm good on the reasons and all that, I don't question the plan. I was just saying why I think he's mute.

Was there an explanation for the lack of Observers in the alternate universe? I know September visited the alternate universe first when he accidentally prevented Walternate from finding a cure for his son. After that, the Observers seemed to focus solely on the prime universe. It seemed like they didn't know whether or not the alternate universe was invaded (when they came up with the idea of Olivia travelling between universes to rescue Michael).

• Like 1

I realized today that my favorite show won't be on and then had a thought. Walter went to 2167 to fix the timeline and in the process created a paradox that removed him from the timeline. Now the Peter that we know was from the alternate universe because the true Peter died from an illness as a kid. If Water was removed from the timeline, he would not have been able to create the universe window and then the portal, thus he would not have been able to bring the alternate Peter back. So, the original Peter had died and the whole premise of the show: Fringe division, etc... shouldn't exist and he and Olivia wouldn't have a child. Bam...5 seasons of the show gone.

Am I wrong or is this a huge hole in the series finale and a big ass paradox?

I realized today that my favorite show won't be on and then had a thought. Walter went to 2167 to fix the timeline and in the process created a paradox that removed him from the timeline. Now the Peter that we know was from the alternate universe because the true Peter died from an illness as a kid. If Water was removed from the timeline, he would not have been able to create the universe window and then the portal, thus he would not have been able to bring the alternate Peter back. So, the original Peter had died and the whole premise of the show: Fringe division, etc... shouldn't exist and he and Olivia wouldn't have a child. Bam...5 seasons of the show gone.

I thought Walter said he wouldn't have existed beyond 2015, not that he wouldn't have existed at all. Someone had to have sent that Tulip drawing to Peter, plus, remember the tape that Walter left Peter to explain where he, Walter, had gone. So that stays intact without wiping 5 seasons out.

I don't know if the original Peter died, being September prevented Walter from finding the cure for his illness. So it's possible that Walter did cure the original Peter.

Now for Peter meeting Olivia without Walter and Fringe is a head scratcher.

I need to watch the last episodes again and see what Walter said to Peter about the letter. I know when Peter opened the letter at the end it had a picture of a Tulip. Now Michael towards the end kept putting his finger to his too lips (Tulip), not sure if there is significance here or just reading too much into it.

I don't know if the original Peter died, being September prevented Walter from finding the cure for his illness. So it's possible that Walter did cure the original Peter.

Now for Peter meeting Olivia without Walter and Fringe is a head scratcher.

I need to watch the last episodes again and see what Walter said to Peter about the letter. I know when Peter opened the letter at the end it had a picture of a Tulip. Now Michael towards the end kept putting his finger to his too lips (Tulip), not sure if there is significance here or just reading too much into it.

I would have to go back and watch season 3 (?) but I thought alternate Peter went and saw his grave site? If I remember when Walter brought alternate Peter back they were in a car that sunk to the bottom of a lake and September saved them.

Here is an even bigger headache....if we go and assume that Walter created a paradox and removed himself from the whole timeline then not only would the 5 seasons not have happened but Peter wouldn't have existed in the first place as Walter didn't exist and thus Peter was never born. Thus a completely different timeline was created both in the original one and probably in the alternate one as well.

I would have to go back and watch season 3 (?) but I thought alternate Peter went and saw his grave site? If I remember when Walter brought alternate Peter back they were in a car that sunk to the bottom of a lake and September saved them.

Here is an even bigger headache....if we go and assume that Walter created a paradox and removed himself from the whole timeline then not only would the 5 seasons not have happened but Peter wouldn't have existed in the first place as Walter didn't exist and thus Peter was never born. Thus a completely different timeline was created both in the original one and probably in the alternate one as well.

The paradox occurred at the exact moment the observer invasion started. It's not like Peter's erasure from history and people's memory. Walter was simply removed at a certain point in time and everything he's ever done after that time was erased. It doesn't affect what Walter did in the previous seasons. Do you remember the scene where Walter said Peter would receive a letter, call Walter, and head over to the lab when Walter doesn't answer? There, he'd find a video that Walter left for him.

As for the white tulip, I'm almost certain we've seen it before. I think it was the episode that involved time travel. If I remember correctly, the tulip had a religious or spiritual significance to Walter.