Apple's WWDC 2012 event

no new iMacs, excitement is gone

I was looking forward to this as well, but honestly our choice of what to buy has now changed since my wife has decided she wants to finish college. Which means we will be getting a Macbook, now I just need to figure out which one :)

New iMacs should be on the way? it doesn?t make sense that they wait until 2013 to update them like David Pogue says. We?re still at least 7 months away from this, which represents 210 days. Add it to the current 400 days, we?re close to two years without an update.

I am still waiting for a complete update to the iWork suite, and not just adding a few things like they did with Aperture. I want something big to compete directly with Office 2011, something small and medium enterprises will see and will make them want to switch to Macs.

We haven?t seen NFC payments in iOS6, but be sure it?s one of the features for the upcoming iPhone. I can?t wait to see this.

Do we still need UDIDs to install iOS6 beta ? I have a Garmin GPS in my car that I hate for various reasons (maps are not up-to-date and come with a fee, can?t search, the touch screen always captures my finger way out of the place, etc.). I would love to install iOS6 on my 3GS since it is still supported. It?s like a gift sent from God, because if I were Tim Cook, I wouldn?t support the 3GS anymore, 100% sure.

wait... how does that work?

Aspect ratio is just a proportion of width to height so you can calculate it from the number of pixels horizontally and vertically. 2880 divided by 1800 is 1.6, which will obviously be equivalent to an aspect ratio of 16:10. You can, of course, calculate 16/10 to confirm it. What's so confusing?

I have a Garmin GPS in my car that I hate for various reasons (maps are not up-to-date and come with a fee, can?t search, the touch screen always captures my finger way out of the place, etc.). I would love to install iOS6 on my 3GS since it is still supported. It?s like a gift sent from God, because if I were Tim Cook, I wouldn?t support the 3GS anymore, 100% sure.

Don't get too happy. Turn-by-turn navigation is only supported on iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and third generation iPad. Based on the features that Apple show on their iOS 6 preview page (http://www.apple.com/ios/ios6/), the iPhone 3GS is also not getting Flyover on the Maps app, Siri, Shared Photo Streams, FaceTime over cellular data, a VIP email inbox and an offline reading list.

Trying to get a retina mbp is a bit complicated lol. Hopefully my local store will get stocks tomorrow

care to explain?

I was looking forward to this as well, but honestly our choice of what to buy has now changed since my wife has decided she wants to finish college. Which means we will be getting a Macbook, now I just need to figure out which one :)

Sadly the MBP is next to useless for me without my adding an external monitor, mouse and keyboard, at which point it's cheaper to get an iMac which usually has the same or better performance, not to mention the lack of an ethernet port makes it entirely incompatible with my network.

Caved and bought the Retina pro... managed to get it on educational discount and also received ?70 iTunes gift card with it so can't complain over all. 5-7 days shipping *sigh*

Aspect ratio is just a proportion of width to height so you can calculate it from the number of pixels horizontally and vertically. 2880 divided by 1800 is 1.6, which will obviously be equivalent to an aspect ratio of 16:10. You can, of course, calculate 16/10 to confirm it. What's so confusing?

Don't get too happy. Turn-by-turn navigation is only supported on iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and third generation iPad. Based on the features that Apple show on their iOS 6 preview page (http://www.apple.com/ios/ios6/), the iPhone 3GS is also not getting Flyover on the Maps app, Siri, Shared Photo Streams, FaceTime over cellular data, a VIP email inbox and an offline reading list.

Then I think the new Maps app will be a downgrade for me. I wanted car, public transportation and walk like in the current app. If I don?t have this, it?s a downgrade, but I don?t have enough info right now to say if it supports it or not.

I ordered the Retina MBP last night but the estimated date it would be delivered to me was early July so I canceled my order. I will try to get it from the local Apple store (I just want the base model). Went this morning and they didn't have them yet :(

I ordered the Retina MBP last night but the estimated date it would be delivered to me was early July so I canceled my order. I will try to get it from the local Apple store (I just want the base model). Went this morning and they didn't have them yet :(

When did they say they would be in stock?

Normally the new models are in stock the same day or the day after ;)

I never knew that. lol. Guess the stock hasn't come yet then. I'd give it 1-2 more days.

I ordered my Retina Macbook Pro yesterday and the orders page says:

Ships: 7-10 business days

Delivers: Jun 25 - Jun 28

I went by one of the apple stores near me to see if they had the same configuration in stock and all they had was the base model (8gb, 256 ssd).

Looks like a long wait for me :(

I ordered my Retina Macbook Pro yesterday and the orders page says:

Ships: 7-10 business days

Delivers: Jun 25 - Jun 28

I went by one of the apple stores near me to see if they had the same configuration in stock and all they had was the base model (8gb, 256 ssd).

Looks like a long wait for me :(

They had them in stock? Fack....I've been going and calling my local store and they still don't have it in stock :(

They had them in stock? Fack....I've been going and calling my local store and they still don't have it in stock :(

Yeah... they didn't have any out on the floor (they did have the new airs and non-retina pro's however), but they had some in the back. You had to ask for them.

Yeah... they didn't have any out on the floor (they did have the new airs and non-retina pro's however), but they had some in the back. You had to ask for them.

Oh I did :/

So it?s very easy to update to iOS6 without a UDID, that?s what I did, I wanted to see what?s new so bad on my 3GS.

So far I can?t say it?s much slower than iOS5, looks good to me.

The new Maps app gives me completely random trajectories. If I respected them like I respect Google Maps?, I would get at least 10 police tickets per ride and would lose my license. Also, it says it?s not possible to go at my job, and it gives me a trajectory 4 times as long as what I use to go on a marker near my job. So far, I can tell this app is in its beta 1 phase, even pre-alpha or something. I can?t believe anybody would use it. Even for devs, I can?t see this thing working fine for them the way it is.

The bigger SSD models are still being manufactured, you should see them shipping out in the next week. Sorry.

Base models will be available in stores starting yesterday. Other updated hardware and perphials have shipped too including the MagSafe 2 adapters and the new TB To FireWire cable.

I can't say for every shop, but definitely ring, they should be expecting the higher based model in the next shipment.