GNU / Linux June 2012 Desktops

To those that hate gnome 3 ; why not try mate? Mint and arch can easily get it installed, it's a continuation of Gnome2.

Anyway, my RPi is currently distcc-compiling 44 things so I'll screenshot when that's finished :)

To those that hate gnome 3 ; why not try mate? Mint and arch can easily get it installed, it's a continuation of Gnome2.

Anyway, my RPi is currently distcc-compiling 44 things so I'll screenshot when that's finished :)

xfce is pretty nice these days too, its what I've been using on my arch partition:

XFCE 4.10 with compiz/emerald

Zukitwo GTK2/3/emerald/panel background

Dockbar X with "invisible" and dockxyz themes.

faenza icons

wallpaper: http://lassekongo83.deviantart.com/art/curtns-203686694

post-159052-0-68843100-1340564838_thumb.

xfce is pretty nice these days too, its what I've been using on my arch partition

I like XFCE myself. It's frugal with resources yet attractive and easy to use.

Hi guys. June has WindowMaker on my desktop:

I love Nextstep's UI! I'm going to have to try this out! How did you get the time/date/system specs widgets? Is it conkey? What theme?

I love Nextstep's UI! I'm going to have to try this out! How did you get the time/date/system specs widgets? Is it conkey? What theme?

Hi mate,

WindowMaker has always been an old favourite of mine from a decade ago - it was the 2nd WM I'd ever tried and I remember having pretty much all of the available dockapps loaded. Gkrellm could never be as pretty.

What you're seeing is indeed Conky. The.conkyrc can be found in my github repo (in signature), and it's someone else's creation - though I haven't the foggiest who. I modified it to pipe text from a Google Calendar tool.

Cheers

Checking Ubuntu after a long long time, just installed it yesterday. Sorry for the large size of the screenie, just click the image below to view in original full size.

Cheers!

This is marvelous.

Hi mate,

WindowMaker has always been an old favourite of mine from a decade ago - it was the 2nd WM I'd ever tried and I remember having pretty much all of the available dockapps loaded. Gkrellm could never be as pretty.

What you're seeing is indeed Conky. The.conkyrc can be found in my github repo (in signature), and it's someone else's creation - though I haven't the foggiest who. I modified it to pipe text from a Google Calendar tool.

Cheers

Thank you very much!

I installed ubuntu on my parents pc a few day ago

and i only used it for 10/15 mins but i am tempted to switch to it, but if i mind right i had problems with the display

it ran fine on live cd but when installed i just got black screen

gonna go back and look at it though

My latest one. I'm slowly customizing it the way I want it to be. Not happy that the dock icons look crappier the smaller the dock gets :/

Click to view in original resolution...hopefully Imageshack won't screw up the image.

newshot.png

Gnome 3.4.1

VLC

CoverGloobus

Gnome Do

Gloobus Preview

Cairo Dock

Pidgin IM

My latest one. I'm slowly customizing it the way I want it to be. Not happy that the dock icons look crappier the smaller the dock gets :/

What font is that?

Click to view in original resolution...hopefully Imageshack won't screw up the image.

newshot.png

Gnome 3.4.1

VLC

CoverGloobus

Gnome Do

Gloobus Preview

Cairo Dock

Pidgin IM

Hey, what cairo dock theme is that? I've never really used cairo dock because all the theme's I've found look so guady, but that looks nice. been looking for a new dock program as I've been having bugs with all the other's I've tried recently (awn, docky, plank, dockbarx)

Hey, what cairo dock theme is that? I've never really used cairo dock because all the theme's I've found look so guady, but that looks nice. been looking for a new dock program as I've been having bugs with all the other's I've tried recently (awn, docky, plank, dockbarx)

Well, it's just the default theme. I chose dock style as '3d plane' and in appearances tab made the background and separator background completely transparent.... it looked crappy with those on lol.

Make them transparent and it'll look like mine does above.

ok been using gnome for about 1 hour now and have this so far lol

HvbZ8.jpg

Hi guys. June has WindowMaker on my desktop:

How did you get the time clock on your desktop like that? What did you use?

Thanks