Nokia Lumia 900 Battery issues

I bought the Nokia Lumia 900 a week ago, and the battery at the moment is terrible, using it throughout the day is fine, however on standby the battery drains just as fast as if I was using it.

I went to sleep at 9AM after finishing night shift, the Lumia was on 100% battery because I'd been charging it at work, when I woke up at 5PM the Lumia was giving me critical battery alerts and then shut itself off.

There should have been, iirc, 2 firmware updates since the 900 has been out, at least one for sure, that fix battery issues.

I am not a Windows Phone kind of guy, but I'll help the best I can.

For starters, I suggest doing what the previous posters already recommended and update your phone. After that, I suggest disabling unnecessary eye-candy, such as animations, vibration, blinking LED notifications, and etc. You could also try adjusting your sync settings to ensure nothing is constantly keeping your phone awake. Also try disabling unnecessary features like GPS (when at home, obviously). Also, if the browser supports it, try setting plugins to run "on-demand" instead of constantly.

Hope I helped!

I am not a Windows Phone kind of guy, but I'll help the best I can.

For starters, I suggest doing what the previous posters already recommended and update your phone. After that, I suggest disabling unnecessary eye-candy, such as animations, vibration, blinking LED notifications, and etc. You could also try adjusting your sync settings to ensure nothing is constantly keeping your phone awake. Also try disabling unnecessary features like GPS (when at home, obviously). Also, if the browser supports it, try setting plugins to run "on-demand" instead of constantly.

Hope I helped!

It's a WP phone, nto and Android, you don't need to manually disable crap for good battery.

he's having an actual firmware or hardware issue. If the problem persists after he upgrades he should return it for a new one.

When I check the update option, it tells me theres no update available.

Firmware revision number 2175.1601.8773.12141

Try manually turning on battery saver to disable any background services, and then turn off your data connection when you're sleeping - if there's still troubles after that it's most likely a hardware issue.