Wobble Apple laptop

Was wondering if anyone has ever purchased an Apple laptop and it did not sit "100%" flush on your desk. Where if you were to rest your palm on it, you could feel it wobble. (before anyone asks, my 2010 version sits flush in the same spot)

Just bought the new Air, and it wobbles so SLIGHTLY, but me being an OCD freak, its driving me nuts. Wondering too if Apple would give me a hard time swapping the unit since nothing is wrong with it apart from that. Its just one of those nit picky things.

I would definitely take it back, may just need the little rubber feet replacing?

It's not even a nit picky thing, how are you supposed to work when it's wobbling, it needs to be sat solid.

This thing drives me nuts too! I'd take it back, they will probably replace the feet on it. If they can't do that then ask for a replacement.

I hate things that don't sit right, or move when they aren't supposed to.

Its just sooo slightly wobbles, thats what I'm afraid about. I had a HELL of an experience buying the damn thing. So I just know this ###### store is going to give me trouble.

Should be a fun day today...

Its just sooo slightly wobbles, thats what I'm afraid about. I had a HELL of an experience buying the damn thing. So I just know this ****ty store is going to give me trouble.

Should be a fun day today...

I take it you have only just bought it.....

It's not right.... the product has a fault, that means they have to fix it.

It's not like monitor pixels where they have a stupid clause in their terms and conditions that tells YOU how many bad pixels are required before you can return it.

May be worth ringing AppleCare if the store give you a hard time?

Agreed and complain to them too if you get a hard time again :)

--OOPS-- I thought this forum appended my post to the last one.

You're in the UK and within your statuary rights to have a full refund if they're not willing to simply give you a replacement. Assuming you got it less than 25 days ago.

If they get arsy, ask for the refund and buy a new one :D

You're in the UK and within your statuary rights to have a full refund if they're not willing to simply give you a replacement. Assuming you got it less than 25 days ago.

This all depends on the staff, they can still refuse you a refund and then it would end up in court or an argument with Trading Standards :p

I'm sure you will get there and they will take one look at it and then repair/replace the item.

I'd still take the advice and call AppleCare.

This all depends on the staff, they can still refuse you a refund and then it would end up in court or an argument with Trading Standards :p

Yes because if they refuse, they're breaking the law.

One time a few years ago, I bought a surround sound system. Something like ?50. It sounded awful. I took it back and they wouldn't give me a refund and said the quality is subjective. The manager came out and tried to argue that he had a set at home and said they were fantastic. I said, perhaps this set is not good, either way I'd like a refund. After an illogical long argument about my staturary rights, I glanced around the room and noticed their own little poster about my statutory rights, right there. After pointing it out to him, he immediately gave in and gave me a refund. The shop went bust about a month later (ha.)

To be honest, if you take it to an Apple store and you bought it recently, I'd be surprised if they didn't give you the replacement straight away.

Yes because if they refuse, they're breaking the law.

One time a few years ago, I bought a surround sound system. Something like ?50. It sounded awful. I took it back and they wouldn't give me a refund and said the quality is subjective. The manager came out and tried to argue that he had a set at home and said they were fantastic. I said, perhaps this set is not good, either way I'd like a refund. After an illogical long argument about my staturary rights, I glanced around the room and noticed their own little poster about my statutory rights, right there. He immediately gave in and gave me a refund.

To be honest, if you take it to an Apple store and you bought it recently, I'd be surprised if they didn't give you the replacement straight away.

Apple have generally been very good with me.

As for local shop owners I know some of them can be complete idiots and even though they own a shop they have NO idea about customers' rights. It's annoying.

It was a national chain store, remember "Time Computers"? well they got bought out and changed their name, I forget what to. It's obvious they were getting pretty desperate and their customer service was going down with it.

Apple aren't desperate. I've heard stories of them fixing faults out of warranty on ocassion, that's why I think you'll be good to go.

I'm not sure but I would guess you guys have the same rules as us here in Norway. and then the 30 day return is ONLY for internet purchases, phones purchases and door sales. if you bought it in a store you don't have a 30 day return, unless the store has it themselves, but not by law. The reasoning is that in a store you're expected to have been able to see the product before you buy it (not sure why it still applies to door salesmen in this case, except the fact their lying scamming SOB's)

I'm not sure but I would guess you guys have the same rules as us here in Norway. and then the 30 day return is ONLY for internet purchases, phones purchases and door sales. if you bought it in a store you don't have a 30 day return, unless the store has it themselves, but not by law. The reasoning is that in a store you're expected to have been able to see the product before you buy it (not sure why it still applies to door salesmen in this case, except the fact their lying scamming SOB's)

You can't always see the product in store, so you have a "Reasonable amount of time" to NOT accept the goods, take them back and get a refund

Heres a video of it (WARWAGON STYLE), hard to show off, but thats why I was tapping. So you can see how it makes no noise on the right side, does on the left when the foot hits the desk. I know I'm not pounding my laptop when I use it, but when you set your palm on it to type, you can feel it move, plus it makes the screen wobble as well.

http://d.pr/v/7JYH

We actually have a long list of statutory rights that relate to store bought products that were around long before the internet.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/consumer_e

Just bought the new Air, and it wobbles so SLIGHTLY, but me being an OCD freak, its driving me nuts. Wondering too if Apple would give me a hard time swapping the unit since nothing is wrong with it apart from that. Its just one of those nit picky things.

Give them a call or go back to the store and you'll know I guess? Not much point in us playing guessing games. :)

I had this problem with a Powerbook G4. I didn't want to bother with driving it all the way to an Apple store or mailing it in, etc. So I fixed it myself with an adhesive rubber foot to balance it out.

Now my Macbook Pro has a clicking sound on the bottom, so I'm not sure how I'm going to fix that one.

I had this problem with a Powerbook G4. I didn't want to bother with driving it all the way to an Apple store or mailing it in, etc. So I fixed it myself with an adhesive rubber foot to balance it out.

Now my Macbook Pro has a clicking sound on the bottom, so I'm not sure how I'm going to fix that one.

Hard drive problem?

One time a few years ago, I bought a surround sound system. Something like ?50. It sounded awful. I took it back and they wouldn't give me a refund and said the quality is subjective. The manager came out and tried to argue that he had a set at home and said they were fantastic. I said, perhaps this set is not good, either way I'd like a refund. After an illogical long argument about my staturary rights, I glanced around the room and noticed their own little poster about my statutory rights, right there. After pointing it out to him, he immediately gave in and gave me a refund. The shop went bust about a month later (ha.)

Nope - you have no right to return something unless it's faulty - and in that case, the manager was right, since sound is subjective. There's also no such 25 day period in the sale of goods act, the rule is (loosely) if it's < 6 months, it's assumed faulty and the retailer has to prove otherwise, if it's > 6 months the onus is on you to prove that it was faulty at the point of purchase.

Most places offer a 28 day/1 month period of "goodwill" in which they will replace or refund anything that's faulty - but the most you are ***entitled*** to under law is to be placed in the same situation you were before the fault - i.e. a repair, or should this be impossible or uneconomic, a replacement or a partial refund.

Kibos - there's no such period in the UK. You have 7 working days under the distance selling regulations where it was purchased at distance or the seller came to you, however, for things you bought in store, according to the law, all sales are final.

Nope - you have no right to return something unless it's faulty - and in that case, the manager was right, since sound is subjective. There's also no such 25 day period in the sale of goods act, the rule is (loosely) if it's < 6 months, it's assumed faulty and the retailer has to prove otherwise, if it's > 6 months the onus is on you to prove that it was faulty at the point of purchase.

Most places offer a 28 day/1 month period of "goodwill" in which they will replace or refund anything that's faulty - but the most you are ***entitled*** to under law is to be placed in the same situation you were before the fault - i.e. a repair, or should this be impossible or uneconomic, a replacement or a partial refund.

Kibos - there's no such period in the UK. You have 7 working days under the distance selling regulations where it was purchased at distance or the seller came to you, however, for things you bought in store, according to the law, all sales are final.

Actually, you are wrong, if you deem something as "unfit for purpose", which it was as the back to speakers sounded like they were hissing the sound out, rather than actually generating a real sound, this is legitimate grounds for claiming a refund.

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/the-sale-of-goods-act/

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/what-are-my-statutory-rights/

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange

http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2011/07/04/this-does-not-affect-your-statutory-rights-%E2%80%93-what-it-really-means/

Do you have any reference for the rubbish you're spouting?

I know that the op of this thread is probably sorting his issue out in his own way but it's disappointing to see such ill informed consumer information being thrown around.

Is a uni-body premium laptop of satisfactory quality if it isn't created with precision engineering? Hell no! You paid for quality so that's what you should get. The fact that you went to the effort of asking online about the problem proves that you think there's something wrong and it needs to get sorted.

Grab with two hands, twist it back slightly :) Mine does that once in a while, if picked up incorrectly by one of the thin corners.

So what you're saying is he held it wrong? Funny that with Apple products. :p