My first completely dynamic website (gasp!)

Question

well, I have completely dynamitized my website. Everything, from links to polls, to news is dynamic and can change by 1 file. It's crazy, but cool. This was also posted in the babes section before the section got obliterated.

Furthermore, I just want to say that php is amazing. If you consider yourself an avid web designer, but dont know much php, it will really be worth your while to go a learn just a little. Guess thats all :D

http://www.celsyus101.net

I'm also looking for some feedback, if possible.

Thanks.

14 answers to this question

your thumbnails look all screwed up - the proportions are weird. but its okay looking.

Could be cool, look to add more real content. I like how your information is easy to get to AND looks good, that form is following function. Your page is good looking, but its not done to just show off mad scripting or html skills, but to let the visitor know something, like that you were bored in 4th period.

If you can come up with consistent good content, i.e. a news section, or a messageboard you will probably attract more visitors.

I use opera, and unfortunately the little pop up windows appear as a broken link / blank page. it may be Opera or the page dunno.

Otherwise good work. and check out my page www.lowreview.com nothing fancy, infact the content will be going up slowly over the next 4 - 5 days.

later

(ps forgive any spelling too tired to worry 'bout it)

Originally posted by baphomet_ie

I like the mouse pointer, and I also think it's cool the way the popup windows 'zoom' up....

:)

nice

looks good, again i like the way the pictures zoom up. although some of the thumbnails are screwed.

thanks so much for the feedback, guys!

Eth3l - I know the random images can sometimes be screwed up proportionally. I'm still trying to find a way around it besides cropping every single thumbnail. BTW, I'm looking forward to your site.

im working on that, but my problem is that all the hotties were done in newspro, as I have many people that update them that dont know html.

Since Newspro doesn't have any archiving ability that tells it to filter by how many items of news, I can't split that up.

So I guess I'm looking for an addon, or make one myself.

Thanks for your feedback, though. :D