Windows 98 shutdown problems

I thought there was a patch available that solves the win98 shutdown problems but I can't seem to find it.

Anyone ?

There are known problems with the shutdown of Win98 systems [Win98SE only I seem to remember]. The patch is on WindowsUpdate if you need it, there are also a few other patches for shutdown on the WindowsUpdate site, one relating to a HD caching problems, which can cause the computer to hang for long periods of time on machines with high numbers of drives [the more drives the higher the chance of the problem].

Hope this helps.

-mortensenj

One of my first ports of call, when relating to Microsoft and Windows problems is the Microsoft Support Knowledge Base

Microsoft have a very nice Shutdown troubleshooter specifically for Windows 98 and concers not only Shuitdown but Startup problems aswell at at Windows 98 Startup and Shutdown Troubleshooter

Here also is the general Windows 98 Troubleshooter, just in case you wanted it.

I also found this specific article in the KB, maybe this can help, How to Troubleshoot Windows 98 Shutdown Problems (Q202633)

And if you have ME, How to Troubleshoot Windows Me Shutdown Problems (Q273746)

Hope this helps.

hehe thanks guys, but I already checked all that.

I used to have a single patch just for this problem, I just can't find it anymore :)

• 3 years later...