UFC 148: Sonnen vs Silva II

Yeah, I've never seen someone get taken out with a knee to the chest. Sonnen was a huge letdown in that fight after that much build up and trash talk. Props to Silva. Being one of the older fighters and still making everyone else look stupid is very impressive.

Yeah, I've never seen someone get taken out with a knee to the chest. Sonnen was a huge letdown in that fight after that much build up and trash talk. Props to Silva. Being one of the older fighters and still making everyone else look stupid is very impressive.

Rashad did something similar to Tito Ortiz in their last fight, a flush knee to the chest leaves you gasping for air.

UFC has become a big promoting circus. Hats off to Dana White for finding sucker after sucker to drop $60 every Saturday to watch this stuff.

Don't care what it was called officially, Silva kneed Sonnen in the face, and it was an illegal kick

I expect a third fight in a few years

Don't care what it was called officially, Silva kneed Sonnen in the face, and it was an illegal kick

He didn't.

UM6OX.jpg

X3d9o.jpg

Nothing but chest. Out of all of the things to criticize about the fight, that knee shouldn't be one of them.

The thigh might have clipped his mouth but by definition there is no illegal thigh kicks (or whatever you want to call it) defined in the unified rules of mma.

Also as a bonus, go back and watch the weigh in clip when Rogan interviews Sonnen. You'll notice Rogan lip syncs verbatim the exact words coming out of Sonnen's mouth. This fight was so choreographed in the hype department. Too funny.