Online torrent client

Question

I've seen sites where online torrent applications let you upload torrent files and download them on the server, which can then be downloaded on the user pc through simple HTTP GET method.

I'm wondering if its possible for me to set up a torrent client as a web application that will directly save the file on the user's comp, rather than storing it on the server first, eliminating the need of the middleman

4 answers to this question

Sorry but why would you need this and when would it be useful?

Download a torrent client like uTorrent, it does that already?

It'd be possible but only as a Java application, nothing that can just deliver a proper HTTP file stream or whatever it's called.

I've seen sites where online torrent applications let you upload torrent files and download them on the server, which can then be downloaded on the user pc through simple HTTP GET method.

I'm wondering if its possible for me to set up a torrent client as a web application that will directly save the file on the user's comp, rather than storing it on the server first, eliminating the need of the middleman

Judging by your post, I'm not entirely sure you quite understand how torrents work to start with.