Bes Notepad program for writing HTML?

Question

9 answers to this question

I have been working as a web designer for years, and the best hard code editor I've used is use ColdFusion Studio (my company runs ColdFusion Server). Homesite is a program that is identical, except Homesite doesn't integrate with CF server. Homesite is also much cheaper than CF studio. However, I believe that any hard code editor over $10 is not worth it. Spend that money on a better graphics program.

All the top web design firms in the world use Notepad, or similar, free program.

Originally posted by rossiknol

I have been working as a web designer for years, and the best hard code editor I've used is use ColdFusion Studio (my company runs ColdFusion Server). Homesite is a program that is identical, except Homesite doesn't integrate with CF server. Homesite is also much cheaper than CF studio. However, I believe that any hard code editor over $10 is not worth it. Spend that money on a better graphics program.

All the top web design firms in the world use Notepad, or similar, free program.

not true. only stupid design firm would use notepad. do you know how much time you waste retyping all tags? or going thru thousands of html files in a project. good firm will use html editor that's most productive or user is comfortable using. any good "programmer" editor that understand html syntac is perfect. it will have syntac highlighting and tag shortcut/completion support.

i hope ColdFusion die cold and painfull death. what a stupid, ugly bloated and unstable peace of code. i'm not even talking about it's solaris implementation(~10x slower).